Android

Another Samsung Phone Went Up In Smoke

By  | 

Samsung

According to CTV News, Amarjit Mann of Winnipeg was driving when he felt his Samsung Galaxy S7 warming up in his pocket. The device exploded, filling the car with smoke.

“I luckily threw it outside,” Mann told CTV. “It should have damaged my whole car. I just saw smoke and nothing else.”

Mann suffered second-degree burns on his hands and third-degree burns on his wrists from the incident. He said that doctors have told him to expect to be unable to work as a mechanic for as long as four weeks.

“I should’ve lost my eyes, or my cheeks or anything could have happened,” he told CTV.

A Samsung Canada spokesperson told CTV that the company would be unable to issue a definitive statement without the opportunity to examine the remains of the phone to discover the cause of the explosion. “Customer safety remains our highest priority and we remain committed to working with any customer who has experienced an issue with a Samsung product,” the spokesperson said.

Even after everything that happened with the Note 7 Samsung still not out of the burning scandal, S7 owners worried by this latest explosion should take Samsung’s statement to heart. Samsung will look to find in its investigation.


You must be logged in to post a comment Login