Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla Cheats And Tips
How To Get Excalibur
The Excalibur is one of the greatest weapons in the Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla. You can find it in Myrddin’s Cave in Hamtunscire. To unlock Excalibur, you must first discover 11 Tablets (8 from Treasures of Britain, 3 from Zealots).
Step 1: Finish all 8 Treasures of Britain. They count as Mysteries and have blue dots on the map. They are cave sections that lead to the Tablets at the end.
Step 2: Now you have to get all the Tablets from 3 distinct Zealots: Woden, Heike, and Hrothgar. The Zealots ride around specific areas. Since they move around, they do not have any set location on the map, but they always stick to a special path in a particular territory. They only ride on roads, never in the wild. Just ride along all roads near their locations or just stick to the place and wait for them to ride by. It is just a bit erratic and needs some patience. A helmet icon will surface on the radar when they are 300 meters away.
Step 3: Head to the Myrddin’s Cave in Hamtunscire. At the end of this cave, there is a stone circle where you put the 11 Tablets. This makes the Excalibur Sword reveal between the stone circle. You can now take out Excalibur from the stone and get the “Caladfwlch” trophy.
Check out the video below, if you need some visual clues.
- 1. 0:00 – Treasure of Britain: East Anglia
- 2. 2:20 – Treasure of Britain: Essexe
- 3. 5:17 – Treasure of Britain: Cent
- 4. 11:22 – Treasure of Britain: Suthsexe
- 5. 14:45 – Treasure of Britain: Hamtunscire
- 6. 16:56 – Treasure of Britain: Hamtunscire
- 7. 19:18 – Treasure of Britain: Eurviscire
- 8. 22:33 – Treasure of Britain: Snotinghamscire
- 9. 24:45 – Zealot: Woden
- 10. 25:33 – Zealot: Heike
- 11. 26:23 – Zealot: Hrothgar
- 12. 27:16 – Getting Excalibur
How To Get Thor’s Helmet
Beat all three Daughters Of Lerion. After that, use the three daggers they left on the underground statue at the following location (East Anglia region) to open a staircase to a Wealth Chest including Thor’s helmet. You will also get the “Godly Reward” trophy.
More, you get 3 other Thor armor items from each of the Daughters of Lerion. The 3rd one has a high level — so each level up or set the game to the Easy difficulty from the game options. Avoid the red rune attacks and parry all other charges.
How To Get Secret Cat Companion
To start you have to get to England in the story. Then, head to the city of Norwich, east of the beginning area, in the East Anglia region. There is a secret side quest in Norwich that will unlock the cat for your ship. It does not show on your map or compass. On one of the roads in the town, you will discover a white cat being near a red Norse gate, down the steps from Dane’s house. Now talk to the white cat. After the cat runs away, talk to the kid, now you need to follow him —- the cat will run away when the child gets close. You need to communicate with the cat to take it before it runs away. If it does disappear, follow the child to the next place to try again. Capture the cat to finish the “Freyja’s Friend” side quest. The cat will now arrive on your longship.
The five skills are recommended to open as early as possible in Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla.
Auto-Loot: You do not have to hold the button to collect loot from bodies. You will automatically collect everything when you step over bodies.
Breakfall: This automatically makes your character to roll when jumping from a high place, making fall damage negligible.
Counter Roll: This is the only way to counter Rune Attacks. Counter Roll enables you to vault over an opponent preparing a Rune Attack and strike them from the back.
Dual Heavy Weapons: This allows you to quickly wield two heavy weapons at the same time. Your heavy attacks are much faster, and your special attacks can release tornados of destruction, quickly wiping out whole groups of enemies.
Missile Reverse: This allows you to catch and throwback arrows, making it feasible to deal with archers instantly in combat.
Easy “Equine Attack” trophy
The most straightforward method is to do this on the straw puppets at the Hidden One’s Bureau, at your town in England. To perform an assassination from a horse, you need to tap [Crouch] while on the horse (this will make you stand on the horse). Then, press the button prompt that shows off to perform the assassination. If you do not see the button prompt appear, try disabling the straw puppets a bit by kicking them from your horse. When they are low on “health,” the button prompt should appear. Since these practice targets do not move around, it is easier than doing it on real opponents.
Easy “Flying Eivor” trophy
An easy area to do this is in the starting region of England (Ledecestrescire), in a place called Venonis (northwest of your settlement). There is a Roman artifact collectible (white dot/mask icon on the map). Where this artifact is found, there is a “Goliath” enemy on top of a high pillar. You can see him by using Odin’s Sight. Use the ladder to climb up the pillar, shoot the red lock on the second ladder (use Odin’s Sight again to highlight it), and reach the top. Then, allow the Goliath to perform his red rune attack where he grabs and throws you. Sometimes he will try to rush towards you and accidentally fall down to his death. It is recommended to create a manual save before trying this so you can just reload and retry immediately if it does not work correctly.
Easy “Not The Norse You’re Looking For” trophy
An accessible place for this is in the “Essexe” region (southeast part of England), in the town “Colcestre”. Travel to the viewpoint in Colcestre. From the viewpoint, look west, towards the center of town. There is a pond in the middle of town with some keepers and monks walking in circles around it. Simply go to the monks and press Triangle to mix in. Then, walk alongside them and wait to pass by some guards. You will get the trophy when you pass by a guard so closely that the assassination prompt arises. It will only take a few moments in this location to get it.
Note: This only works in “Distrust Areas” (areas that have an orange indicator at the top of the HUD). This town is a Distrust area.
Easy “Row Rage” trophy
An accessible location to do this is in Lincolnshire (England), in the river south of Botolphston. It usually produces 5+ boats close together. All you need to do is call your longship (from the item wheel, select the longship while near water), then open the sails and hit into five small boats to get the “Row Rage” trophy.
Complete one of the tasks to get a trophy:
- Viking Legend (Platinum): Win every trophy.
- Completionist All the Way! (Silver): Complete all territories.
- Full Mastery (Silver): Spend your first Mastery point.
- Home Sweet Home (Silver): Reach settlement level 6.
- Master Hunter (Silver): Defeat all Alpha animals.
- Overdesign II (Silver): While on fire during a fight, kill 3 hard difficult soldiers without breaking their shields.
- Slam Master (Silver): Complete all the flytings.
- Ultimate Refinement (Silver): Fully upgrade and enhance a piece of gear.
- We’re in the End Game Now (Silver): Reach Power 280.
- Archaeologist (Bronze): Complete all Roman collector challenges.
- Builder (Bronze): Reach settlement level 3.
- Dreamcatcher (Bronze): Destroy 10 Curse Symbols.
- Equilibrium (Bronze): Complete 3 Cairn challenges.
- Equine Attack (Bronze): Assassinate an enemy from your horse.
- Everyday Life (Bronze): Complete 10 World Events.
- Face My Might! (Bronze): Equip 8 abilities.
- Flying Eivor (Bronze): Get thrown 30 meters away by a destroyer or a housecarl.
- Good Catch! (Bronze): Catch a fish of each type using the fishing line.
- Home Decor (Bronze): Place an item on each settlement cosmetic spot.
- Is There Anybody Out There? (Bronze): Light the unlit braziers on Hadrian’s Wall.
- It’s Alive! (Bronze): Create a Jomsviking.
- Not the Norse You’re Looking For (Bronze): Successfully pass close to a guard in a distrust area by blending with a group of monks.
- Old School Treasure Hunt (Bronze): Collect 5 Treasure Hoard rewards.
- Orlog Champion (Bronze): Beat all the Orlog players.
- Rampage (Bronze): Complete your first raid in England.
- Row Rage (Bronze): Ram and destroy 5 boats in under 2 minutes with your longship.
- Silent Viking (Bronze): Assassinate 10 enemies in a row without triggering a conflict.
- Skadi’s Hobby (Bronze): Perform a 150m slide in the snow.
- Tranquility (Bronze): Complete a Standing Stone puzzle.
- Twinkle Twinkle (Bronze): Release a firefly in your settlement.
- Witch Hunter (Bronze): Defeat one Daughter of Lerion.
Additionally, there are 20 secret trophies:
- The Saga Begins (Bronze): Complete the Prologue.
- To England! (Bronze): Leave Norway.
- Hard Choices (Bronze): Complete the Grantebridgescire Arc.
- The Order Is Revealed (Bronze): Complete the Lunden Arc.
- The Good Saxon (Bronze): Complete the East Anglia Arc.
- Take My Hand (Bronze): Complete the Cent Arc.
- Calling in a Favor (Silver): Complete the Suthsexe Arc.
- The Enemy of My Enemy (Silver): Complete the Winchester Arc.
- In the Footsteps of the Gods (Silver): Complete the Asgard and Jotunheim quests.
- As It Was Foretold (Silver): Complete “The Prophecy” storyline.
- England Subdued (Silver): Complete Hamtunscire Arc.
- Disorder of the Ancients (Gold): Eliminate all targets of the Order of Ancients.
- A Picture of Grace (Silver): Run through 30 breakable objects.
- Pioneer (Silver): Reach Vinland.Caladfwlch (Silver): Draw Excalibur from the Stone.
- It’s Not a Bug, It’s a Feature! (Bronze): Complete your first Animus Anomaly.
- Seahorse (Bronze): Swim a total of 3km with the horse.
- The Hidden Truth (Silver): Obtain all video fragments and watch the hidden truth video.
- Godly Reward (Silver): Obtain Thor’s Helmet.
- Worthy (Silver): Wield Mjolnir.