Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal Got New Trailer
EA released a cinematic trailer for Battlefield Hardline‘s expansion, Betrayal.
“So, it’s all come down to this. You’ve assembled a crew, pulled off the perfect heist, and made a whirlwind escape from the police.
Now, there are enemies lurking in the frozen shadows, dark figures hiding behind crumbling mausoleums, and confrontations brewing in back alleys and federal prisons.”
Betrayal adds new maps, weapons, vehicles, and a lot more:
Downed airplanes full of ill-gotten gains. Ramshackle prison cells on Alcatraz Island. Dark cemeteries speckled with crumbling tombstones. Grimy alleys and bright neon lights of Chinatown. Here’s a look at each of the maps coming with Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal, each inspired by classic settings.
- Alcatraz: The crumbling infrastructure of one of the most notorious prisons in the country serves as a battleground for cops to thwart a plan to steal historic artifacts. From the showers to the lighthouse, and all the jail cells in-between, make sure you know which way the enemy’s coming from.
- Cemetery: What could be more fitting for a scene of so much carnage than the gray mausoleums and sorrowful statues of an upstate New York cemetery? The old saying about revenge and digging two graves is applicable here, but don’t forget to bring along a shovel…
- Chinatown: The gritty streets of New York’s Chinatown are the site of a massive crime ring, and when the cops break it up it’s every criminal for himself. The narrow alleys offer precious few places to take cover, but enterprising thieves might find other ways around.
- Thin Ice: Warm yourself by the fire raging around a crashed airliner in the freezing forests of the Sierra Nevadas. The frontier loners who live in their log cabins won’t be pleased to see a large-scale law enforcement operation in their rural countryside.
The theme is more versatility for the Professional class, especially in close quarters. This means secondary weapons that give you more options to get out of a jam, and a new sniper rifle that acts a little differently from the bolt-action and semi-auto snipers in the existing arsenal. Not only that, but we’ve included a few special weapons that will let you take down your enemies in style, and have everyone on the map asking where they can get their own.
Here’s the 7 new weapons coming in Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal
- Dual Machine Pistols for the Professional class: Two machine pistols means twice the volume of hot lead headed towards your opponents, but firing these 7.62 x 17mm rounds akimbo means a loss of control.
- Machine Pistol for the Professional class: A machine pistol that shoots a 9 x 19mm round and has a different profile than other secondary weapons. It can be outfitted with a stock for increased stability.
- Sniper Rifle for the Professional class: This semi automatic Sniper Rifle shoots a .308 round and feels similar to other DMRs while still being an effective long-range option.
- Machine Pistol for all classes: What is this Frankenstein of a machine pistol? Sure, it fires a 9 x 19mm round at a high rate of fire, but who created it and for what purpose?
- Special Weapon for all classes: This break-action gun is a must for big game hunters who need to take down diffiucult prey. Its .500 nitro round does incredible damage, but using it properly means being patient and tracking your quarry.
- Special Weapon for all classes: Rumors abound regarding the unusual Light Machine Gun recently seen in the city streets. Few know how it is acquired, or any further details besides its odd profile and high rate of fire.
- Special weapon for All classes: This unusual weapon fires a high-speed arrow from its barrel, scoring maximum style points. Make sure you compensate for a serious drop at longer distances, and keep your eyes peeled for Battle Pickups that boast a unique explosive variant.
- Hearse: A slow-moving transport vehicle that can carry a driver and two passengers to their final reward.
- Snowmobile: This is a mobile, fast-moving vehicle that will slip and slide on ice and snow. Take your enemies by surprise when you crest a hill, skis out, and flatten them into powder.
- Legendary Camos: All new Legendary Camos that will unlock over time (only for players who have reached Legendary status).
Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal will be available for Premium members on March 1, 2016 and for non-premium members on March 15, 2016 for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.