Best PS4 Sports Games
Learn about seven of the best sports games you can enjoy on PlayStation 4 by reading this list of top sports games with an overview of each game.
Although PlayStation 5 came out in November of 2020 there are still a lot of great games you can play on PS4 in many different genres. Whether you enjoy RPGs, strategy games, adventure games, or simulations there is a PS4 game to suit your taste. You can even play casino games like those you can play online when you get free codes at nodepositz.com. One of the most popular game genres is sports. There are so many sports games for PlayStation 4 it’s hard to choose which ones are the best. Here are seven of the top games for PS4.
- Take soccer and throw in some customized Battle-cars and what you have is Rocket League. Rocket League, developed by Psyonix, was first released in 2015 and remains a popular game. Up to eight players are assigned to two teams who use rocket-powered cars to try and score points by hitting a ball into their opponent’s goal. The game became free to play in September of 2020 which has only increased its popularity. Players can customize their cars and use rockets boosters to launch their cars into the air during gameplay. Rocket League has both single-player and multiplayer modes and can be played locally or online. It is also a popular esports game should you feel you have developed your skills to a high enough level.
- Madden NFL 21: Madden NFL 21 is the latest version of this franchise. In the event you are considering turning in your PS4 and getting a new console better suited for you, it includes a copy of the PlayStation 5 version as well. New additions in the game are The Yard mode that allows house rules and a new Face of The Franchise story mode. Also, some of the top players have X-factor abilities which are skills unique to them. There is not really much else new added to the game but the gameplay and visuals have been improved. Up to 4 players can compete locally and as many as 6 can play online. Additional players can be unlocked and added to your team by paying for a premium version or by completing challenges.
- EA Sports FIFA 21: If you enjoy soccer and have PS4 chances are you have already played at least one FIFA version. FIFA 21 touts Agile Dribbling, Positioning Personality and Creative Runs in their most recent release. The biggest knock on the FIFA games is that they don’t tend to have many improvements from year to year. FIFA 21 does have a much better Career mode in this version and Volta football where you play a street version of football returns. There are a ton of other modes as well. Enough is going on with the game that most people will enjoy it which is why FIFA games always tend to make these sports lists.
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2: This is a remake of the original PlayStation 1 games that came out in 1999 and 2000. Players can choose to use the game’s original control scheme or use analog sticks if they prefer something a little more modern. This new version contains all of the original game modes that allow you to compete locally or you can compete with other players online using the new multiplayer mode. Levels remain the same as in the original version but the presentation has been updated to give it a more recent feel and of course, the graphics are much better. There is also access to gameplay enhancements from later titles
- EA Sports UFC 4: One of the complaints with the earlier versions of the UFC games is that grappling was overly complicated so players generally ended up just trading punches. UFC 4 includes a new assisted grapple system that allows players to wrestle by simply pushing in different directions although the more complicated legacy controls are still available for those who want to use them. The single-player campaign mode has been expanded and you can level up specific moves that you like to use. The graphics are great as you see fighters bleed and bruise during the course of a fight.
- NBA 2K21: You won’t see a lot of difference between NBA 2K21 and 2K20. One noticeable change is that the “My Career” mode has been improved. You create your own player and take him through high school and the NCAA as he attempts to live up to his father’s legendary college career There is also a new shot meter that makes it more difficult to hit 3-pointers and jump shots. Due to the coronavirus player ratings have been kept the same. Despite the lack of changes, NBA 2K21 is still one of the best sports games out there with unbelievable graphics that make it appear as if you are watching a real live game.
- Gran Turismo Sport: Gran Turismo Sport was originally released in 2017 but with updates, you can now choose from over 300 cars and 82 different track configurations. There are two modes available, Sport mode and Arcade mode. An emphasis has been placed on multiplayer online mode and saving a game is now only possible if you are playing online. Driving etiquette is an issue in the game. Drivers are ranked not only by their final position but on their road manners. Anybody only interested in initiating crashes and driving foolishly is going to be placed with other similar type drivers leaving those who take it more seriously to race competitively. It remains to be seen if Gran Turismo retains its popularity by putting the focus on the online mode but it is still one of the best PS4 sports games.
Choosing the best games can be difficult as it often comes down to personal preferences. There are plenty of other sports games available for PS4 but those discussed here should be considered among the best.