Company of Heroes 2: The British Forces Announcement Trailer
Sega & Relic Entertainment announced Company of Heroes 2: The British Forces, the new standalone multiplayer expansion pack.
“Play as the unconquerable Britons and their motley-crew of soldiers! A force remarkable for its diversity, including Englishmen, Scotsmen, Welshmen, Irishmen – representing everyone from the working classes to the upper class elite of the United Kingdom.
Under the leadership of the fiery Sir Winston Churchill, this assorted mix put aside their differences and became the only remaining Western European nation to escape the grip of Axis-dominated Europe, before leading the final offensive with the other Allied Forces.”
“The British Army has been one of the most requested factions since we first announced Company of Heroes 2 three years ago.
The British were a major player in WWII and we are excited to bring their unique makeup and overall tactical doctrine to the Company of Heroes 2 battlefield, said Greg Wilson, executive producer at Relic Entertainment.
Finally, every player – whether they are new to the franchise or a long standing fan – can play The British Forces and have a compelling multiplayer experience with an army that can certainly go toe-to-toe with every other faction in the game.”
- UNIQUE PLAYSTYLE: Experience a unique tech-tree that challenges the player to balance the constant trade-off between mobility and defense – basically giving you two factions for the price of one. Surprise your opponents with your development choices and an open end game configuration.
- DISTINCTIVE UNITS & ABILITIES: From the Churchill Crocodile flamethrower tank to the RAF glider, this new faction introduces new gameplay mechanics with a range of 15 one-of-a-kind units. Meanwhile, the new commanders’ abilities revolve around impressive staged events making the most of air raids and artillery.
- ARMY WITH CHARACTER: An international cast of actors from England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and New-Zealand bring the units to life, with accents ranging from the posh elite to the working class. The writing of the units’ audio cues was also given special attention in order to ensure the various regional differences – and rivalries – among the British subjects stand out.
- IMPROVED MO-CAPPED ANIMATIONS: The battlefield comes to life like never before thanks to motion-captured data for the most common animation set (SMG), that will also update all of the previous armies’ animation systems.
- NEW MAPS: Eight stunning new maps enhance the extensive collection of pre-existing Company of Heroes 2 maps as well as thousands of community created maps available on the Steam workshop.
- INTENSE ONLINE COMBAT: Feel the unprecedented ferocity of frontline strategic warfare and engage in visceral battle with adversaries from across the globe.
Company of Heroes 2: The British Forces will be available on September 3, 2015 for PC.