Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.04 Patch Notes
Developer CD Projekt Red has released a new update for the most talked-about game Cyberpunk 2077 on PC, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 that fixes some of the bugs and issues. Update 1.04, which was released for the Xbox consoles “as soon as possible,” also fixes the quest system. The complete patch notes are detailed below.
Cyberpunk 2077 has been riddled with issues since its December 10 release, with some gamers even seeing their lead character’s genitals through clothing, and there are even more complaints. While this singular issue isn’t called out in the patch notes, Update 1.04 fixes many problems with Cyberpunk 2077. This involves stabilizing the game and taking out some of the crashes.
Other fixes for Cyberpunk 2077 include decreasing vehicle appearance pop-in, fixing the issues with missing NPC animations during cinematics, also addressing the weapon preview while crafting, and taking out the copyrighted music through the “Disable Copyrighted Music” toggle from the radio stations. The latter option was not working as they have planned after launch, prompting CD Projekt Red to support that streamers turn off Cyberpunk 2077’s music completely to avoid DMCA strikes.
Another main problem was the flashes that potentially could trigger seizures in people with epilepsy. According to the patch notes, CD Projekt Red has “[m]odified the flashing effect on braindance to decrease the risk of causing epileptic symptoms. The outcome has been smoothed out and the flashes diminished in frequency and scale.”
Quests in Cyberpunk 2077 is also been worked at, with a few of them–such as the A Like Supreme quest and Freedom of the Press Gig–being worked on to make sure that players can either finish or re-track them. There are other fixes being performed as well, which include Jackie no longer standing idle in The Ripperdoc, conversations with Johnny Silverhand beginning like they’re meant to, and progress being unlocked when taking on the I Fought The Law quest.
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.04 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
- Fixed an issue with starting a conversation with Johnny at the end of Life During Wartime.
- Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
- Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
- Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
- Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
- Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
- Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
- Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in Map Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
- Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
- Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
- Fixed an issue with a conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
- Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
- Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
- Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
- Other quest fixes
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
- Speeded up switching from the first-person perspective to the third-person perspective in a vehicle.
- Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.
Performance & Stability
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes.
- Modified the flashing effect on braindance to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
- Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with the “Disable Copyrighted Music” feature toggled on.
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.
- Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
- Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in the Americas.