Destiny Walkthrough and Cheats
Login to your Bungie.net account, and redeem the following codes at their code redemption page to unlock the corresponding bonus. Note: You can obtain the emblems and shaders from the Special Orders Vendor in the Tower.
|Collector’s Card #1 – Class: Warlock||YKA-RJG-MH9|
|Collector’s Card #2 – Class: Titan||3DA-P4X-F6A|
|Collector’s Card #3 – Class: Hunter||MVD-4N3-NKH|
|Collector’s Card #4 – Fallen: Riksis, Devil Archon||TCN-HCD-TGY|
|Collector’s Card #5 – Destination: Cosmodrome||HDX-ALM-V4K|
|Collector’s Card #6 – Enemy: Hive||473-MXR-3X9|
|Collector’s Card #7 – Destination: The Ocean Of Storms, Moon||JMR-LFN-4A3|
|Collector’s Card #8 – Exotic: Gjallarhorn||HC3-H44-DKC|
|Collector’s Card #9 – Destination: The Tower||69P-KRM-JJ|
|Collector’s Card #10 – Exotic: The Last Word||69P-VCH-337|
|Collector’s Card #11 – Hive: Ogre||69R-CKD-X7L|
|Collector’s Card #12 – Destination: Valley Of Kings, Mars||69R-DDD-FCP|
|Collector’s Card #13 – Enemy: The Fallen||69R-F99-AXG|
|Collector’s Card #14 – Exotic: Red Death||69R-VL7-J6A|
|Collector’s Card #15 – Enemy: Cabal||69X-DJN-74V|
|Collector’s Card #16 – Destination: Shattered Coast, Venus||6A7-7NP-3X7|
|Collector’s Card #17 – Vex: Minotaur||6A9-DTG-YGN|
|Field Of Light||JNX-DMH-XLA|
|Flames Of Forgotten Truth||A7L-FYC-44X|
|Illusion Of Light||JD7-4CM-HJG|
|Lone Focus, Jagged Edge||7CP-94V-LFP|
|Note Of Conquest||X4C-FGX-MX3|
|Sign Of The Finite||7F9-767-F74|
|The Reflective Proof||N3L-XN6-PXF|
|The Unimagined Plane||X9F-GMA-H6D|
- Grimoire Card unlockablesSuccessfully complete the indicated task in the listed Grimoire Card category to unlock the corresponding bonus: Rank 1 Crucible Victory Cards: Get 25 wins per game type. Completing Crucible matches now have a chance to drop a class-specific gear (bonds, cloaks, and marks). Tournament Ticket drop chances are also increased. Rank 1 Strike Cards: Get 50 Strikes. Completing Strikes now have a chance to drop a class-specific gear (bonds, cloaks, and marks). Rank 1 VIP Kills on Patrol: Get 50 VIP kills. Completing Patrol side-quests now give additional resource and loot drops.Rank 2 Enemy Kill Cards: Glimmer consumable items (Black Wax Idols, Ether Seeds, etc.) are now more effective. Glimmer drops are also increased.
Rank 2 Planet Cards: Get 5,000 kills. Collecting from Material nodes now gives extra item drops.
Rank 2 Primary Weapon Kills: Get 5,000 kills. Extra XP is now earned for the unlocked card’s primary weapon (Auto Rifle, Hand Cannon, Pulse Rifle, or Scout Rifle) type for all characters. You basically unlock weapon perks quicker.
Rank 2 Special Weapon Kills: Get 2,500 kills. Extra XP is now earned for the unlocked card’s special weapon (Fusion Rifle, Shotgun, or Sniper Rifle) type for all characters. You basically unlock weapon perks quicker.
Rank 2 Heavy Weapon Kills: Get 500 kills. Extra XP is now earned for the unlocked card’s heavy weapon (Machine Gun or Rocket Launcher) type for all characters. You basically unlock weapon perks quicker.
- Gold chest unlockablesCollect the listed number of gold chests in the indicated location to get the corresponding reward: Earth
- One chest: Forester 2.1 gauntlets (Titan)Two chests: Baron RS/2aThree chests: No reward our chests: Enigma Burn chest armor (Warlock)Five chests: S-22 Nomad (Hunter), S-22 Cavalier (Titan), or S-22 Seeker (Warlock) speeder
- One chest: Nox Cantor IIITwo chests: Jade Rabbit emblemThree chests: Gwalior Type 0 helmet (Titan), Chroma Vow helmet (Warlock)Four chests: Brawler’s Cloak (Hunter), Mark Of The Chosen (Titan), Trained Chaos (Warlock)Five chests: Arihant Type 1 chest armor (Titan)
- Reaching Level 20 quickly travel to the Tower. Go to the bounty board, and accept the following bounties:
- “Death Or Glory: Complete 5 Clash Matches” or “Domination: Complete 5 Control Matches” Forged In Fire: Win 3 Crucible Matches” Shaking The Pillars: Defeat 25 Titans in the Crucible” or “The Wild Hunt: Defeat 25 Hunters in the Crucible”
These bounties can easily be obtained by playing five Clash or Domination matches. Once you have completed the bounties, return to the bounty board, and turn them in. Accept more “defeat bounties,” such as “Throw Down: Defeat 20 Guardians with your melee attack.” Then, go to the Crucible, and select Rumble mode. This is the easiest game mode to obtain 25 kills and melee kills. When you have no more bounties left to obtain, just keep playing Rumble mode repeatedly. You will earn 1,800 XP just for participating in the match, regardless if you are first or last. Note: The better the players, the quicker the game will end, giving you faster XP per hour. So do not avoid good players. The average time it takes for a rumble match to end is 7 minutes.
- Easy XP Old Russia (Level 4-10), start the Cosmodrome Patrol. Summon the Sparrow, and take the left path to reach the Forgotten Shores. Enter the shipwreck area straight forward from the entrance. Jump onto the deck, and kill the enemies. Then, go to the back of the ship, and jump onto the crate to reach the platform above, where you can jump onto the landing around the smokestack. While standing on the smokestack, a group of enemies will spawn below. Use grenades, rockets, and special abilities to quickly kill them. Once they have all been defeated, simply climb back up onto the smokestack to make the enemies spawn again. Repeat this process as many times as desired. If you are below Level 10, you should gain levels with approximately 10-20 minutes of farming XP using this method. During the “Sword Of Crota” mission (Level 7-14), you will get a powerful sword weapon that kills all enemies, except the Swarm Princes, with one hit. In the last room of the dungeon, grab the sword, and kill all enemies with it until only the third (and final) Swarm Prince remains. Let it kill you to start back at the beginning to fight all the enemies again. Repeat this process as many times as desired. Make sure to not kill the final Swarm Prince or else you will not be able to use this method any longer. Killing the Swarm Princes yield good XP, and killing each wave of enemies is very easy with the sword.
- Easy glimmerDisassemble gear you are no longer using at the inventory menu to remove the item from your inventory and be rewarded with some glimmer and materials. To earn extra glimmer in combat, use Ether Seeds. They are dropped randomly by defeated enemies and increase glimmer drops from enemies for 10 minutes. Make sure to use Ether Seeds while farming for glimmer. Once you reach Level 4, start the “The Warmind” mission, and proceed to the end of the mission where your Ghost interacts with the Warmind. Before interacting with the objective, use an Ether Seed to increase the amount of glimmer you will earn. Waves of Hive enemies will appear. Kill them until the large final Boss appears. Let one of the final enemies kill you. Then, try to leave a different Hive enemy alive so you can kill the Boss instead to get better rewards each time. There is no penalty for dying, and you will spawn back at the checkpoint. Let the last enemy kill you, then keep repeating as many times as desired. Once the Ether Seed effect ends after 10 minutes, use another one. Use this method to get approximately 1,000 glimmers every 10 minutes.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN4nStgXCtAOnce you reach Level 14 and can travel to the Moon, start the “Shrine Of Oryx” story mission. Set the difficulty to “Hard” or higher. When you are in the area where the Ghost says “There’s the Shrine! Find a way through!”, kill the approximately 7 to 9 Hallowed Acolytes (with yellow bars) in the large room with a pit to your left to get 45 glimmers for each one killed. It is found after two combat rooms and two large tube hallways. Once you have defeated the Hallowed Acolytes, jump into the pit on the left to instantly die, then repeat the process as many times as desired. There is a checkpoint immediately before this room. Follow the ramp-up, and defeat the first group of Hallowed Acolytes, then jump down to defeat the second wave of Hallowed Acolytes. Use grenades and Super Charge to kill them more quickly. Ignore the Ogre and Dregs to kill all the Hallowed Acolytes within a few minutes. Use this method to get approximately 4,000 glimmers every 10 minutes.
- Easy legendary and rare EngramsSelect the “Patrol” mission on Earth, and reach the “Skywatch – Old Russia” area. Go to the area near the crashed spaceship. There is a cafe nearby where enemies continuously spawn. It is recommended to do this with at least one other player. Stay far enough back so enemies keep respawning. Keep shooting the enemies before they leave the cave. You can farm a lot of blue, and occasionally purple, Engrams by doing this for a long period of time. The Engrams will not disappear. If you do not collect a blue or purple Engram, it will be mailed to you. You can collect them at the post office in the Tower. It is recommended to do this for at least 15 minutes before collecting the loot so the process is not slowed by continuing to collect loot often. You do not have not to worry about someone else collecting your loot, as you are the only one that can collect your loot. If there are a few people already shooting enemies in the cave when you arrive, you can actually just stand near them while they do the work and get the same amount of loot and XP. However, make sure you stay activate every few minutes or you will be kicked from the game and returned to space. Note: If the enemies stop spawning in the cave, make sure someone is not standing too close to the cave and there are no nearby enemies. Start “The Dark Beyond” Moon mission at any level, and proceed to the temple cutscene where the large Hive door opens after the three seals disintegrate. A checkpoint will then be triggered, and a large swarm of Hive Thrall and Knight will come out from the other side of the door. Kill the Thrall, but do not kill the Knight. The Knight has a higher chance of dropping Engrams, but defeating it will trigger a new checkpoint. Instead, use grenades or class abilities to kill all the Thrall, then let the Knight kill you. You will respawn along with all the enemies. Repeat this process as many times as desired. The Thrall will drop Engrams and gear, and they will occasionally produce a legendary drop. Try collecting as many legendary Engrams as possible. Rare Engrams are useful for finding gear to break down and earn extra materials to help you unlock perks on Legendary gear. Earning lots of Engrams will also increase your Cryptarch level, giving you access to better Engrams daily. Since your inventory will quickly fill up, make sure to dismantle unwanted gear between killing the Thrall. This method will also earn a lot of glimmers and is a good way to unlock Motes Of Light and Strange Coins to use with the special Exotic vendor Xur, Agent Of The Nine, in the Tower.
- Easy Vanguard MarksMarks can be earned at Level 18 and higher for completing Daily Heroics, Public Events, Strike Playlists, Vanguard Bounties, and Weekly Strikes. You get 4 Vanguard Marks for each Public Event completed. To easily earn 24 Vanguard Marks per hour, travel around the Cosmodrome in the “Earth: Old Russia – Patrol” mission. Go to the indicated locations at the listed times (each Public Event listed below has a 30 respawn counter) to participate in the corresponding Public Event. Note: It is easier to complete these Public Events with a full fireteam, but they can be completed solo.
- 1. The Divide – Devil Walker Public Event; Spawn Timer::15 /:45 past the hour2. The Mothyards – Random Public Event; Spawn Timer::30 /:00 past the hour3. Forgotten Shores – Fallen Captain Public Event; Spawn Timer::10 /:40 past the hour
- Getting exotic gear you have a random chance to get exotic weapons and gear (rarest and most powerful in the game) by playing matches in the Crucible, but it is not guaranteed you will actually receive any exotic gear. You are guaranteed to get exotic gear from a special vendor and bounties. There is a special vendor named Xûr, Agent Of The Nine, that appears in random areas around the Tower, but only at specific times. He only seems to appear during weekends so far. Unlike other vendors, Xûr sells exotic weapons and items, and his supplies update often. However, the cost of the weapons and items use a different currency. His normal rates for exotic weapons and items cost the following amounts:
- Exotic armor: 13 Strange CoinsExotic weapon: 23 Strange CoinsExotic Engram: 23 Motes Of Light
The following are some ways to earn Strange Coins:
- Earn 1 Strange Coin for completing the “Scourge Of Winter” Venus mission. Earn 3 Strange Coins for completing Weekly Heroic Strikes. Strange Coins randomly drop for completing Strikes. Strange Coins randomly drop in Gold Tier Public Events. Strange Coins randomly drop for completing Crucible matches. Strange Coins randomly drop from loot chests. Strange Coins randomly drop from Blue Engrams (Level 18+ only).
Motes Of Light can only be earned post-game at Level 20+. One is rewarded for completing the campaign, but the rest can be earned randomly by completing Crucible matches and Strikes, earning Gold Tier on Public Events, and opening loot chests.
There are also exotic bounties. They are unlocked by gaining new bounty leads as they appear in your mail. It is currently unknown if exotic bounties are triggered by completing bounties or finishing events. Complete an exotic bounty to guarantee to unlock exotic gear. Note: Each exotic bounty has several objectives to complete, which can be quite a time consuming and difficult.
- Refilling ammo for freelance your primary weapon’s ammo reaches 0, simply remain idle for approximately 45 seconds for your primary weapon’s ammo to refill, along with some special and/or heavy weapon ammo.
- Ranking up gear quickly gear drops at the following rarity levels: basic, uncommon, rare, legendary, and exotic. Any gear above basic will often have perks you can purchase once a certain XP level has been reached. Like gaining levels, weapons and armor will eventually unlock new upgrade options. XP is shared between equipped gear and your level. Thus, gaining 500 XP toward your next level will also gain 500 XP toward ranking up an equipped weapon or piece of armor. However, weapons and armor usually require much less XP to rank up compared to leveling up. Before using the following method, make sure the gear you want to upgrade has abilities attached to it. While hovering over a weapon or armor piece, grayed out abilities will appear below the regular stats if there are abilities you can upgrade. Press Y to view the upgrades that are available on the gear. Before turning in bounties (Crucible bounties recommended), equip the gear you want to rank up, then turn in the completed bounties to get the XP from the bounties added to your level and equipped gear.
- Entering the Vault Of Glass raid Vault Of Glass is the first raid available in the game, and was added after Destiny was released to give high-level players more to do. Raids are special co-op missions that require six players. The Vault Of Glass is available on Venus at Level 26. To start the Vault Of Glass raid, you must open the doors to the vault by having a player stand on each of the three Vex pressure pads in the opening chamber to summons a spire. To activate a pad and begin constructing the spire, one player needs to stand in the circle for several seconds. Once a pad is activated, Vex will begin spawning and assaulting the three plates. If an enemy gets inside the circle, you will begin to lose spire building progress. A good way to defend all three pads at once is to have three teams with two players each. Have one player stay inside the circle while the other player defends it. Minotaurs are the biggest challenge. Save heavy weapons and overcharge abilities to quickly kill them. Once the spire is complete, a laser will fire into the vault doors to open them.
- Moving faster in TowerWhile in the Tower, start sprinting. After a few steps, start jumping to speed up your momentum. When you land, jump again. Keep jumping while landing to keep your momentum, allowing you to travel more quickly in the Tower compared to running.
- EmblemsSuccessfully completes the indicated task to unlock the corresponding emblem:
- Founder’s Seal: Participated in the public beta.Officer Crest: Create a Titan Guardian.Rune Of The Disciple: Create a Warlock Guardian.Sign Of The Elders: Participated in the public beta while the moon mission was available.Sign Of The Finite: Explore all points in Destiny Planet View. Alternately, unlocked as a Vanguard Armory pre-order bonus.
- BadgesSuccessfully completes the indicated task to unlock the corresponding badge:
- A Friend Indeed: Resurrect five fallen players.A New Steed: Obtain and equip a new personal vehicle. Ask Questions Later: Earn the first-strike kill in PvP.Bane Of The Dead: Kill 25 Hive with precision shots in one mission without dying.Bane Of The Emperor: Kill 25 Cabal with precision shots in one mission without dying.Bane Of The Kell: Kill 25 Fallen with precision shots in one mission without dying.Bane Of The Machines: Kill 25 Vex with precision shots in one mission without dying.Blink of an Eye: Kill five enemies in three seconds.Change of Heart: Reverse a decision you made in an upgrade grid.Decryptologist: Decrypt 25 Engrams.Dragon Slayer: Kill a champion of the Dark.Epic Raider: Complete a Raid on the Hard difficulty.Excessive Force: Register 25 kills in PvP with heavy weapons.Finders Keepers: Assist in capturing 50 capture points in Control.Flawless Striker: Complete a Strike without anyone in your Fireteam dying.Fully Weaponized: Fully upgrade a Legendary weapon.Ghost Hunter: Discover 50 dead ghosts.Giant Slayer: Kill 100 Titans in PvP.Hunter Killer: Kill 100 Hunters in PvP.Hunter Mastery: Fully upgrade a Hunter subclass.Inspector: Inspect another player.Lucky 7s: Attain a Grimoire score of 777.Notorious: Earn the maximum weekly Crucible score. Packing Heat: Fully upgrade an exotic weapon. Public Defender: Earn the highest tier of completion in 10 public events.Raider: Complete a Raid.Raiding Party: Complete a Raid with a full Fireteam consisting of only your clan members.Relic Hunter: Assist in capturing 20 capture points in Salvage.Rising Vanguard: Complete a Strike.Ship Rite: Rebuild a Jumpship.Strength Of The Pack: Complete a Strike with a full Fireteam consisting of only your clan members. Suited For War: Have all armor and weapon slots equipped with Legendary or Exotic gear. The Life Exotic: Obtain and equip a piece of Exotic gear.Titan Mastery: Fully upgrade a Titan subclass.Triple Play: Kill a Hunter, Titan, and Warlock without dying in a PvP match.Use Of Weapons: Dismantle 50 pieces of armor or weapons.Valorous: Earn the maximum weekly Vanguard score.Vanguard Honor: Attain Vanguard Rank 3.Warlock Mastery: Fully upgrade a Warlock subclass.Witch Hunt: Kill 100 Warlocks in PvP.
- MedalsSuccessfully complete the indicated task to earn the corresponding medal: Ability
- Angel Of Light: In a single life, revive five downed allies.Blast Shield: Block fatal damage with two seconds of casting Ward Of Dawn.Cry Havoc: Kil three enemies with a single Fist Of Havoc. Get It Off!: Kill an enemy by sticking them with a grenade. Gutted: Kill three enemies in a single Arc Blade charge. I See You: Kill an invisible enemy. Medic!: Quickly revive two downed allies. Overwatch: Defend an ally from enemy fire.Scorched Earth: Kill three enemies with grenades while Radiance is active.Space Magic: Kill three enemies with a single Nova Bomb. Stick Around: Kill an enemy with a throwing knife headshot. Way Of The Gun: Kill three enemies with a single Golden Gun charge.
- Disruption: In a salvage match, neutralize the enemy probe.Hat Trick: In a single life, capture 3 control zones.Lockdown: As a team, hold all 3 control zones for 60 seconds.Lone Wolf: In a team game, finish first on your team with 0 assists. Nail The Coffin: Score the winning points in a match. Objectively Correct: In a Control match, capture the most zones. On The Bright Side…: Achieve the highest score in a match despite your team’s loss. Relic Hunter: Help capture 3 relic zones in a salvage match.Saboteur: In a salvage match, neutralize the most probes.Salvage Crew: As a team, salvage 3 relics in a match.The Best… Around: Achieve the highest score in a match while leading your team to victory.
- Breaker: Rapidly kill 4 enemies.Buckshot Bruiser: Kill 3 enemies with a Shotgun without switching weapons or reloading.Clean Sweep: Rapidly kill 3 enemies near their own probe.Double Down: Rapidly kill 2 enemies.Machine Lord: Kill 3 enemies with a Machine Gun without switching weapons or reloading.Marksman: Kill 2 enemies with Sniper Rifle headshots without switching weapons or reloading.Master Blaster: Kill 3 opponents with a Fusion Rifle without switching weapons or reloading.Reaper: Rapidly kill 6 enemies.Seventh Column: Defy probability by rapidly killing 7 enemies.Slayer: Rapidly kill 5 enemies.Splash Damage: Kill 3 enemies with a Rocket without switching weapons or reloading.Triple Down: Rapidly kill 3 enemies.
- Back In Action: Kill an enemy after 5 consecutive lives with no kills. Bulldozer: Run over an enemy with the Interceptor.Domination: Kill an enemy while your team holds all 3 control zones.End Of The Line: Kill an enemy with a 15+ kill streak.Enforcer: Shut down an enemy’s kill streak.First Blood: Score the first kill in a match.Hazard Pay: Kill an enemy with an exploding object.Im-probe-able: Kill an enemy near the allied probe.Narrow Escape: Kill an enemy that nearly killed you. Never Speak of this Again: Run over an enemy with the Sparrow. Postmortem: Kill one or more enemies after you have died. Skewered: Run over an enemy with the Pike. Uprising: In a match kill the leader 3 times.
- At Any Cost: In a single life, kill 3 enemies while capturing a Control zone. Bullseye: In a single life, kill 3 enemies with headshots.Chariot of Fire: In a single life, kill 5 players while driving the Interceptor.Dead Man’s Hand: In a single life, kill 5 enemies with Hand Cannon headshots.Defender: In a single life, score 5 zone defense kills.Enemy Of My Enemy: In a single life, catch 3 enemies in the crossfire.Fallen Angels: In a single life, kill 5 enemies while driving the Pike.Gunner: In a single life, kill 5 players with the turret.Mark Of The Unbroken: Complete a match with a minimum of 15 kills without dying or being down.Merciless: In a single life, kill 5 enemies.Reign Of Terror: In a single life, kill 15 enemies.Relentless: In a single life, kill 10 enemies.Strength Of The Wolf: As a team, kill 10 enemies with no one on your team dying.Unsung Hero: In a single life, assist your allies on 3 kills.
- Alone At The Top: Win a Rumble match.Clutch: Win a match after trailing with 2 seconds remaining.Comeback: With a match after trailing by 500 in 30 seconds remaining or when the enemy was nearing victory.Decisive Victory: In a match that reaches the score limit, double the opposing team’s score.Heartbreaker: Win a Rumble match in overtime. Shut Out: As a team, hold your opponents to zero relics salvaged. Sum Of All Tears: Win a Rumble match with a score greater than the sum of your enemies.Victory: Win a match. Won’t Be Beat: Win a Rumble match after trailing by 500 in 30 seconds remaining or when the enemy was nearing victory. Zero Hour: Win a match in overtime.