Diablo 4 Update Adds 6 New Unique Weapons
The latest update for Diablo 4 has brought exciting new content to the game, paving the way for the upcoming Season 1 titled “Season of the Malignant.” This dark-themed season introduces the core mechanic of malignance, which players will have to confront and overcome with the help of Cormond, a former priest of the Cathedral of Light. Their mission is to unravel the source of the Malignant and prevent its spreading throughout Sanctuary. In Season 1, players can expect to encounter Malignant Hearts and other malignant elements, such as enemies, powers, and tunnels that will serve as the game’s new dungeons, adding an extra layer of challenge and intrigue.
Patch 1.1.0 of Diablo 4 has also expanded the arsenal of weaponry with the inclusion of six new Unique weapons and seven Legendary Aspects. Each of the game’s five classes receives a new Unique weapon, offering unique abilities and playstyles for the characters. These include the powerful Azurewrath for the Barbarian, the mighty Fleshrender for the Druid, the defensive Lidless Wall for the Necromancer, the precise Eaglehorn for the Rogue, and the enigmatic The Oculus for the Sorcerer. Furthermore, the elusive Ahavarion Spear of Lycander has been introduced as an extremely rare Uber Unique staff, obtainable on World Tier 4, the highest difficulty level in Diablo 4.
The addition of Legendary Aspects to Diablo 4 provides players with exciting opportunities to enhance their gameplay. These valuable modifiers can transform Rare items into Legendary ones, opening up new possibilities for character builds and strategies. Acquiring a Legendary Aspect can be achieved by using the Codex of Power or by defeating demons to obtain Legendary items and extracting the Aspects from them. The new offensive Aspects introduced in Patch 1.1.0 cater to each class: Ancestral Charge for the Barbarian, Subterranean for the Druid, Gore Quills for the Necromancer, Pestilent Points for the Rogue, and Searing Wards for the Sorcerer. Additionally, two new general Legendary Aspects, Audacity (a utility Aspect that stuns nearby enemies) and Craven (an Aspect that boosts movement speed when moving away from Slowed or Chilled enemies), have been introduced, further enriching the gameplay experience.
With the imminent arrival of Season 1 on July 20, players are gearing up and making the most of their time to prepare for the challenges that await. The anticipation for Diablo 4’s seasonal system is running high, and the community is eagerly awaiting the chance to explore its depth and engage in exciting new adventures that will keep them enthralled for the long haul. Blizzard‘s dedication to continually expanding and enhancing the game promises to deliver an unforgettable and immersive gaming experience for all Diablo 4 enthusiasts.
Version 1.1.0 Patch Notes:
NEW UNIQUE ITEMS
- Ahavarion Spear of Lycander (Uber Unique Staff – World Tier 4): Gain a random Shrine effect for 10-20 seconds after killing an Elite enemy. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.
- Azurewrath (Unique Sword): Lucky Hit – Your Core Skills have up to a 20% chance to Freeze enemies for 3 seconds and deal 0.75-1.5 Cold damage to them.
- Fleshrender (Unique One-Hand Mace): Debilitating Roar and Blood Howl deal 0.5-1.0 damage to Nearby Poisoned enemies.
- Lidless Wall (Unique Shield): Lucky Hit – While you have an active Bone Storm, hitting an enemy outside of a Bone Storm has up to a 5-25% chance to spawn an additional Bone Storm at their location. Each of your active Sacrifice bonuses increases the chance by 25% and the total number of additional Bone Storms you can have by +1.
- Eaglehorn (Unique Bow): Penetrating Shot has a 30-80% chance to fire an arrow that bounces off walls and scenery. Hitting enemies from behind with Penetrating Shot will make them Vulnerable for 3 seconds.
- The Oculus (Unique Wand): Gain the effect of the Teleport Enchantment for free. When you Evade using Teleport Enchantment, you are taken to a random location.
Developer’s Note: The Azurewrath and Fleshrender Unique Items have flat damage effects, which scale with power. For example, at 820 Item Power, Azurewrath deals between 3359-6718 damage.
NEW LEGENDARY ASPECTS
- Audacity (Utility Aspect): When there are at least 5 Close enemies, Stun them for 2-4 seconds. This can only occur once every 20 seconds.
- Craven (Mobility Aspect): You gain 20-40% increased Movement Speed when moving away from Slowed or Chilled enemies.
- Ancestral Charge (Offensive Aspect): Charge calls forth 4 Ancients who also Charge, dealing 50-100% of normal damage.
- Subterranean (Offensive Aspect): Poison Creeper’s active also casts Landslide in a circle around you. Earth Skills deal 10-20% increased damage to Poisoned enemies.
- Gore Quills (Offensive Aspect): Blood Lance will consume Blood Orbs to also conjure lances from them. Each additional Blood Lance deals 20-50% of normal damage and prioritizes targeting un-lanced enemies.
- Pestilent Points (Offensive Aspect): Every third cast of Puncture is Poison Imbued with 100-150% of normal potency.
- Searing Wards (Offensive Aspect): After spending 200-100 Mana your next Firewall is free to cast and will destroy incoming Small Missiles.
Diablo 4 is available for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.