DOOM’s Insane 666 Update Makes All DLC Free
Bethesda has just announced a crucial update. It is called 666 and it has just been released for DOOM, making all DLC absolutely free.
First, we’ve retired the DOOM season pass and are making all of the multiplayer DLC content available to all players. That’s three multiplayer DLC packs, which include nine of our best maps, three additional guns, three additional playable demons, new equipment, armor sets and more. That’s on top of the modes and features, like bot support, that players have been enjoying since late last year.
The multiplayer sessions will also get major improvements made to them to give players a better adventure. Veterans will be rewarded though by badges, even though all veteran status will be reset to level 0. Item progressions and customizations can be retained or unlocked though, which is a bonus.
For those of you who have the original DOOM game with no Season Pass or DLC, be sure to download all DLCs to further enjoy the game. For those who have some of the DLC, the others are now available. Also, if you enjoyed the Rune System that was available in Campaign mode, that has now been included in the multiplayer mode.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Fixed an issue where textures appeared to glow on the player’s character.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where players would respawn frozen at the beginning of a Freeze Tag round.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where parts of the player model appeared transparent in some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where players would disconnect from a match under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue in Infernal Run where picking up the ball when out of ammo would cause problems with passing or receiving the ball.
- Fixed an issue with the Multiplayer Challenge “Aimbot Hax” where Reaper Longshots would not count towards challenge completion.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer with inconsistent power item spawns on Outbreak.
- Added rotate on XYZ axis to the Grab Object manipulate controls
- Added setting to remove network limitation on single player only maps.
- Resolved various freeze and crash bugs.
- Fixed various matchmaking and lobby issues.
- Fixed visual bugs that result from combining specific HUD elements
- Fixed various freezes and crashes with using Campaign Model.
- Fixed coop crash with Bob and Rotate settings.
- Fixed bug that caused AI to run into blocking volumes set to Block Demons and AI Sight.
- Improved collision issues causing AI to partially fall into blocking volumes set to Block Demons.