Galaxy Note 7 Explodes In Hotel Room And Causes A Lot Of Damage

By  | 

Galaxy Note 7

Man claims that damages racking up to more than $1,800 AUD ($1,383 USD) have been caused when the phone burst into flames in his hotel room.

This is the first reported incident from Australia, where a business man and an ex-owner of the latest Samsung Galaxy Note 7 claims that his hotel room almost went up in flames due to this bizarre incident. Using the alias “Crushader” on Reddit, his narration of the incident has further raised problems for Samsung, while scaring the already alarmed Note 7 users.

He wrote on Reddit, “My brand new Note7 exploded this morning while I was still asleep, it was plugged in and charging….. It fizzed and then phone pop open, flame and smoke follow, almost had a panic attack sight to see waking up. Phone completely fried, I can’t eject the SIM tray to retrieved [sic] my SIM or the SD card. I was using original charger and cable if you are wondering. Charred the hotel room bed sheet and the carpet when I whacked it down to the floor, burnt one of my finger [sic] while doing that too.”

Galaxy Note 7

He further added that he contacted the company, and they said that this is the first incident from Australia. He got a loan device J1 from their service centre, and the company also promised to take care of the hotel damages bill.

This is just an addition to the global incidents of Samsung’s latest device literally crashing and burning down. Samsung announced a global recall last week following increased reports of the phone overheating and exploding in 35 of different incidents across the globe. The company says they are conducting a thorough investigation and up till now have found a battery cell issue.

Samsung also offered to replace their customer’s Note 7 a new one over the coming weeks and also have offered a full money back option.


You must be logged in to post a comment Login