Gauntlet Launch Trailer
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Arrowhead Game Studios released the launch trailer for their modernized reboot of the celebrated arcade dungeon crawler, Gauntlet.
“The classic Gauntlet 4-player co-op action gameplay returns in a completely new experience! Play as one of four distinct heroes in an intense monster filled dungeon brawler with a combination of both uniquely built and randomly generated levels to explore.
Battle the endless hordes of foes as you and your friends fight for treasure and glory via both local and online co-op multiplayer.
Invade the Darkness this Summer on PC and Steam Machines!
- New Gauntlet Experience Classic dungeon crawling action is melded with innovative new features for the ultimate Gauntlet challenge.
- Online and Couch Co-op Multiplayer Explore on your own if you dare or play with friends in 4-player same-screen and online co-op. Your friends can become foes as you compete to see who can claim the most kills and the most gold.
- Four Classic Characters Gauntlet’s four classic characters: Warrior, Valkyrie, Elf, and Wizard return but with more distinctive play styles and their own unique skills.
- Discover New Powers Players can scour the dungeons for gold and loot to unlock mystical Relics that grant the holder deadly new abilities. But beware – if used incorrectly they can be detrimental to your party’s health!
- How Will You Die? Fiendish traps, monstrous hordes, epic bosses and even your own friends will cause you to die in confounding and extraordinary ways.
“Upon selecting a playable character, the gameplay is set within dungeons where the object is to fight through the chambers slaying evil creatures and completing challenges.
An assortment of special items can be located in each dungeon that can restore the player’s health, unlock doors, and shift the odds in the player’s favor with magical relics which can aid the player in surviving longer in the Gauntlet.
The enemies are a vast assortment of fantasy-based monsters, including ghosts, grunts, demons, spiders, sorcerers and skeleton warriors.”
Gauntlet is available now via Steam for PC and Steam Machines.