Horizon Forbidden West Releases Patch 1.18
Horizon Forbidden West received positive reviews when it was released back in February from both fans and critics alike. The sequel to 2017’s Horizon Zero Dawn was praised for both building on the original game while going into some completely new directions. While the reception to Horizon Forbidden West was positive, this hasn’t stopped developer Guerilla Games from working on the open-world title, improving it with each new patch. Now, the latest update for Horizon Forbidden West is here in patch 1.18, and it has brought a bunch of fixes and changes.
With the usual bug fixes coming in patch 1.18, Horizon Forbidden West has also added a new cosmetic item to celebrate Pride. The new Mark of Pride cosmetic paints Aloy’s face in the colors of the Pride flag, representing the LGBTQIA+ community. This marks the only piece of additional content being carried to Horizon Forbidden West with its new patch, which mostly focuses on modifications to the game, including fixing a combination of issues.
Some bugs in the main quests of Horizon Forbidden West have been fixed. Namely, Faro’s Tomb will no longer feature a missing merchant in Thebes, The Embassy mission will now also be free of floating weapons that appeared in a certain cinematic, and in The Kulrut, Hekarro will no longer be blocked behind an invisible wall. There are also some significant changes to side quests and world activities as well, including similar fixes that would stop certain questlines from being completed.
Patch 1.18 for Horizon Forbidden West is live now! It fixes several issues reported by community, see our patch notes for more details.
— Guerrilla (@Guerrilla) August 31, 2022
Outside of the quests in Horizon Forbidden West, there are also updates to the AI and ways that machines act. Some new VFX have been added to the Tremortusk, and Thunderjaw, making those oversized machines even more fierce. Moreover, the Dreadwing in Horizon Forbidden West now has a higher chance of attacking the player in forested areas, meaning Aloy can’t conceal in the treelines from the flying predator. There are over 50 modifications being brought to the game in total in patch 1.18, showing some large quality of life improvements for Horizon Forbidden West, even if there isn’t much in terms of new content.
Horizon Forbidden West Update 1.18 Patch Notes
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “Faro’s Tomb“ where the Hunter Merchant could be missing in Thebes.
- Fixed floating weapons in the cinematic following the “Talk to the Tenakth Marshal” mission objective of Main Quest “The Embassy”.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Kulrut” where Hekarro was practicing his pantomime skills and got blocked behind an invisible wall.
- Fixed issues related to players not being able to enter or exit The Base.
- Fixed an issue where a Kotallo callout could play inside The Base without Kotallo being present.
- We now keep Riverhymn’s settlement icon on the map after completing Side Quest “The Roots that Bind“.
- Fixed an issue where Porguf would not provide the option to start the Errand Quest “Broken Locks”.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “The Deluge” where players could ride their ground mount through a lake.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “Signal Spike” where the player could be unable to progress after the “Search the Canyon for the Source of the Signal” objective.
- Fixed an issue in Chainscrape where, before completing Side Quest “The Bristlebacks”, the Herbalist would have an icon above their head but will not be interactable.
- Fixed an issue in Salvage Contracts “Mine Launchers” where progression could become blocked when the player sets Custom Difficulty Settings for Easy Loot.
- Fixed an issue in which after completing all Salvage Contracts in New Game Plus, the player could obtain the Oseram Artificer outfit twice.
- Fixed an issue in Rebel Camp “Devil’s Grasp” where the objective “Search the Command Center” could become blocked after restarting from save.
- Fixed an issue in Rebel Camp “The Hive” where the objective “Destroy the Weapon Caches” would not update after destroying all the caches.
- Fixed an issue in Rebel Camp “Breached Rock” where the Rebel Champion would not have the Bunker Key in its loot if the player left the camp after killing the rebels.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron CHI where a puzzle room had distracting shadow flickering.
- Fixed an issue in Machine Strike where the health of a piece with the Sweep Skill could go to 255 instead of dying.
- Fixed an issue where players remained stuck at 99.42% completion after completing all Rebel Camps.
- We are blasting off again no more! Fixed an issue in Gauntlet Run “Cliffs of the Cry” where upon completing the race, the player would launch into the sky.
- Fixed an issue where the player was unable to complete “Relics From Ruins” in New Game+ due to already having the Ancestor’s Return weapon from a previous playthrough.
- Fixed an issue in Sunken Cavern “The Shining Wastes” where the player would get stuck if they investigate an Oseram corpse while swimming.
- Fixed an inaccessible Supply Cache located in Las Vegas that was placed under the ground.
- Fixed an inaccessible Supply Cache located northeast of Rebel Outpost “Stillsands South” that was placed under the ground.
- Fixed an issue where Audio Datapoints were getting aborted on specific player actions.
- Fixed an issue where Audio Datapoint 37 could not be collected due to Veter being noninteractive.
- Arrows ready? We made the Dreadwing more likely to attack when fighting in a forested area.
- Additional VFX for Tremortusk’s “Shatter Swing” and Thunderjaw’s “Laser Blast” attacks.
- Fixed an issue near Fall’s Edge where a non-functional and low-resolution Thunderjaw could spawn in.
- Fixed an issue where the “Stalker Primary Nerve” was listed as a Loot for the Ravager’s Antenna.
- Fixed an issue where setting a Job for the Stalker Primary Nerve put the waypoint in Ravager areas instead of Stalker Areas.
- Fixed an issue where Behemoth and Apex Behemoth list “Bellowback Primary Nerve” as loot instead of “Behemoth Primary Nerve.”
- Fixed an area in Sheerside Climb where the player is unable to fly away on a flying mount.
- Fixed an issue where Apex Shellsnapper Hearts were listed under “Valuables to Sell” despite being used for upgrades.
- Fixed an issue where the job system will not direct the player to Apex machine parts.
- Fixed a camera issue where, when aiming with a Blastsling weapon and rotating the camera, the projectile parable would jitter.
- Fixed a camera issue where activating Concentration zoom during a normal zoom would have a jarring snap back.
- Fixed an issue where the Hunter Bow could not be upgraded in New Game+.
- Fixed an issue for Light Arrows of Level 4 Carja’s Bane which had an incorrect amount of Tear damage.
- Fixed an issue where upgrade Level 3 of the Rain of Sparks warrior bow switches perks from “critical hit chance” to “multiple enemy damage”, and then back to “critical hit chance” at Level 4.
- Fixed an issue where the player could not use Melee Combat after fast traveling from a crawl space.
- Level 3 of the Toughened Valor Surge has Melee Damage Resistance reduced from 50% to 35%.
- Plant Forager now works on Medicinal Waterweed.
- Fixed “Pickup Animation” to reset to “On” in Settings when the “Reset” action is pressed.
- Fixed an issue where the Job description in the Jobs menu in Quest Log always displays Level 1 regardless of the actual level of the Job.
- Fixed an issue where the Custom Marker was not visible in the 3D space if the waypoint was marked on the location of an inactive quest.
- Fixed an issue with the subtitles being out-of-sync in the opening title sequence.
- Fixed an issue in the Machine Catalogue where unscanned machines can be viewed when they are adjacent to scanned machines.
Performance and Stability
- Made improvements to TAA for PS5 Resolution Mode and PS4.
- Fixed several instances of Aloy’s armor model jittering when playing in Balanced Mode.
- Fixed an issue where geometry appears low resolution when skipping the opening title sequence.
- Introduced “Mark of Pride” Pride Flag Face Paint.
- Fixed an issue where starting the game via Activity Cards could start a new game in New Game Plus, instead of starting the selected activity.
- Fixed an issue where the “Auto Heal” setting does not fully heal Aloy after leaving combat for a short time.
- Fixed issues where the player ended up underneath the terrain or got stuck inside geometry.