How To Clear Cache Of Android Device
If you want to clear the cache on your Android smartphone or tablet which is always a good idea you should do it from time to time as it may help speed up your device and also give you some extra storage space.
There are 2 options for clearing cache on your Android smartphone or tablet, this can be done in your browser on your Android device or you can also remove the app cache on your handset. Follow the steps below for more details on how you can clear the cache on your Android gadget.
How do you clear cache in the browser?
Google’s Chrome is one of the most used and loved browsers on Android so this guide will show you how to clear your Chrome cache on Android. If you clear your cache in Chrome then it will delete all the data and you will need to log in again to any website you want to use. You may also use some other browser on Android, you can clear your cache on alternative browsers in an identical way.
- Open the Chrome app on your Android Phone
- Select the three dots at the top right of your device.
- Click History and then select Clear browsing data.
- Then choose All Time, to clear all the data.
- Select Clear data.
- That’s it the data in your Chrome browser will be cleared.
How do you clear the app cache?
Clearing the app cache on Android is the best way to speed up your Android device and also speed up different apps on your device. This can also clear up some additional space on your phone or tablet if you have a lot of data in these apps. Take these steps to clear the app cache on your Phone. This can vary by the manufacturer so you may need to check your phone or devices guide if the method below does not work.
- Go to Settings on your smartphone or tablet
- Select Storage from the menu.
- Select Other App on your device.
- Scroll down to the app you want to clear the cache for.
- Click the Clear Cache button
- That’s it your cache should be cleared.
These settings may differ slightly by gadget and also by the browser on your Android smartphone or Android tablet, We hope you find this guide helpful and if you have any queries, please leave a comment below and we try to solve it out.