How To Craft The Best Armor in Valheim
If you are asking yourself which is the best armor of Valheim, If you want to raid Burial Chambers in the Black Forest, or fight on monsters like The Elder, you need the most powerful armor. From severe weather conditions to hostile mobs, you need all the help you can get when you are exploring the wild Valheim map.
The best armor sets need items that are particularly difficult to get, but there’s lots of time to upgrade your armor as you advance in the game. It’s hard to believe when you’re just getting started, but you’ll be taking on trolls and turning their skins into a stylish cape in no time.
Check out the best Valheim armor sets, and how to craft them.
Valheim leather armor
If you’re looking for something more durable than the rag tunic and pants, but haven’t had the chance to thoroughly explore your island, then Leather armor is for you. The complete set requires 22 deer hide, and five bone pieces, so you’ll want to make a crude bow (Wood x10, Leather Scraps x8) and hunt for these skittish animals. And you will need a Valheim workbench to start crafting armor.
- Leather helmet: Deer hide x6
- Leather tunic: Deer hide x6
- Leather pants: Deer hide x6
- Deer hide cape: Deer hide x6, bone fragments x5
Valheim troll armor
If your leather armor is not as sturdy as you think, and you feel confident enough to go into the Black Forest, it’s time to update your wardrobe with Valheim troll armor. Trolls walk around in the forest, and while they’re enthusiastic to swing their club your way, they’re quite slow. Furnish with a bow, keep your distance, and strike them from a distance. If you manage to collect 25 troll hide, you can craft the troll armor set for a 25 percent boost to your Sneak stats. This set of armor also calls for some bone pieces, which are dropped by skeletons, and can be found in Burial Chambers.
- Troll leather helmet: Troll hide x5, bone fragments x3
- Troll leather tunic: Troll hide x5
- Troll leather pants: Troll hide x5
- Troll hide cape: Troll hide x10, bone fragments x10
Valheim bronze armor
If you have plenty of Valheim copper and tin? Put your metals to forge bronze. Not only can you make a strong new pickaxe and sword, if you have 15 bronze and six deer hide, but you can also make a complete set of sparkling armor. This gives better protection than troll and leather alternatives, but it will reduce your speed.
- Bronze helmet: Bronze x5, deer hide x2
- Bronze plate cuirass: Bronze x5, deer hide x2
- Bronze plate leggings: Bronze x5, deer hide x2
Valheim iron armor
Bronze armor is perfect for getting you through Valheim boss fights, but you need stronger armor if you want to test your abilities against the strongest opponents in Viking purgatory. Materials required for this Valheim iron armor recipe aren’t easy to come across. You have to go to a Swamp to mine scrap iron, then smelt 60 bars before you can craft this armor set.
- Iron helmet: Iron x20, deer hide x2
- Iron scale mail: Iron x20, deer hide x2
- Iron greaves: Iron x20, deer hide x2
Valheim wolf armor
Wolf armor is very popular with streamers. It’s also functional. The fluffy cape, chest piece, and leggings will shield you from the harsh wind in the Mountains. I suggest equipping an iron helmet to round off your creation, as this set doesn’t feature one.
- Wolf armor chest: Silver x20, wolf pelt x5, chain x1
- Wolf armor leggings: Silver x20, wolf pelt x5, wolf fang x4
- Wolf fur cape: Silver x4, wolf pelt x6, wolf trophy x1
Valheim padded armor
This is Valheim’s top-of-the-line armor. The Padded armor set comes finished with a helmet, cuirass, and greaves, so you’ll need an extra stack of iron to craft it. You won’t be able to start working on this until after you’ve killed Moder.
Once you have an artisan table, you can make a spinning wheel, which can be used later to turn flax into linen. As well as being the most protective, wearing this armor won’t have a negative impact on your walking speed. This is endgame armor, so don’t sweat too much to get this one early in the game.
- Padded helmet: Iron x10, linen thread x15
- Padded cuirass: Iron x10, linen thread x20
- Padded greaves: Iron x10, linen thread x20