How to Find The Best Gaming Headset For You
Video gaming is big business nowadays, and not just for the developers creating the abundance of titles available. Professional gamers in New Zealand elsewhere can be paid millions for winning competitions like DOTA International, so it’s no wonder they are constantly searching for a way to get an edge over their competitors. Aside from plenty of practice, one of the best ways to do so is by investing in a top-tier gaming headset. Let’s take a look at how you can find the best headset for you!
There are various things to consider here. For example, the importance of noise cancellation, which the new Razer Barracuda headset is perfect for. Gamers also need extreme comfort to enjoy a long session at the controls. Other vital aspects are customizable EQs, surround sound, and wireless compatibility. Stay with us as we explore the ins and outs of how to find the best gaming headset for you and why they are so important.
The Difference Between Normal Headphones and Gaming Headsets
Gaming headsets can look very similar to standard headphones at first glance, but there are several significant differences when you look closer. One of the main ones is the inclusion of a microphone, a vital component for online tactical gameplay. Gaming headsets also tend to be much larger than conventional headphones to increase natural noise cancellation and comfort.
Understanding an overview of gaming headsets isn’t difficult. There isn’t anything too outlandish about these gaming accessories, with the basic construction similar to conventional headphones. In fact, gaming headsets can often double up as normal listening headphones, especially higher-spec ones with customizable EQs, surround sound, and noise cancellation.
A Few Reasons why you should get a Gaming Headset
Talk to a professional gamer, and they will give a substantial number of reasons why you need a gaming headset. They aren’t essential for casual players, but if you want to take your gaming to the next level, you’ll want to purchase one. Here are a few reasons why:
- Hear quiet sounds like footsteps in a lot more detail.
- Easily communicate with teammates.
- Stop any external disturbances.
- Achieve greater immersion and concentration.
When Do I Need a Gaming Headset?
It’s also important to understand when a gaming headset is essential. For example, casual FIFA players won’t have much of a need for them, but for most other games, a headset can significantly improve your performance.
First-person-shooter games or royale-type games like Fortnite are arguably the best games to use a headset on, as they will help you locate enemies much more quickly. On the other hand, players in New Zealand, for example, enjoy using gaming headsets to play completely different games, such as pokies. There is nothing more satisfying than hearing the coins come flowing after a winning slot spin, and games like Guns N’ Roses by NetEnt also have excellent soundtracks to get stuck into. Furthermore, gaming headsets are also ideal for live dealer games, which are available at the best online casinos, as these games allow you to fully immerse yourself by allowing you to interact with a real-life dealer on the screen. There are platforms that have an overview of these sites, including security legality, their registration process information, and an exceptional selection of games. Elsewhere, gaming headsets are also highly useful in puzzle-solving RPGs like The Legend of Zelda, where audio clues are critical to solving tasks.
Top Gaming Headsets in 2022
By now, it should be clear why gaming headsets are important, so let’s explore a few of the leading options in 2022:
- Logitech PRO X: Featuring market-leading Blue VO!CE microphone technology and unbelievably comfortable memory foam padding, the Logitech PRO X is an affordable yet brilliant gaming headset. Several characteristics make this a gaming headset to love, but the main one is the customizable 5-band EQ. It even has presets tuned by leading eSports professionals. Add Logitech’s pioneering DTS Headphone:X 2.0 surround sound into the mix, and you’ve got a seriously powerful gaming headset.
- Razer Barracuda: The Razer Barracuda is a purpose-built hybrid gaming headset that is just as well suited to gaming as it is too casual listening while on the move. The wireless headset uses SmartSwitch technology to connect to a PC or mobile simultaneously using Bluetooth. As a result, switching between devices is slick and straightforward. The Razer Barracuda range also has powerful noise-cancellation capabilities, meaning you’ll never miss the sound of an enemy coming up behind you again.