Jailbroken Firestick: How to Set Up Fire TV Stick in 10 Minutes
TV viewing is rapidly changing over the globe with the herald of video streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, Hotstar, Amazon Prime, etc.
Soon, DTH is going to be a thing of the past, and this is for good.
Video streaming services not only provide much better content for the user, but it also gives users a true choice.
Amazon, which is primarily seen as an e-commerce site, apparently is leading in the entertainment domain and has big plans ahead. First, it brought its internet streaming service Amazon Prime, and now it has launched Amazon Fire Stick.
What’s a Firestick?
A Firestick is a powerful streaming device that plugs into an HDTV and allows users to access movies, games, TV shows, apps and more.
A firestick will allow you to watch your favorite episodes, movies, and TV through your favorite apps such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and more.
However, it comes with a serious limitation as a majority of these services cost you money that could easily dent your budget.
But you can easily get over this hurdle by purchasing smashcable jailbroken firestick.
With a jailbroken firestick, you never have to worry about paying a penny to watch anything. The good news is jailbreaking firestick is a hundred percent legal. Better yet, smashcable jailbroken firesticks install Kodi on your Firestick then stream suing Kodi Add-ons and Kodi Builds.
How To Set Up a Jailbroken Firestick
Setting up a jailbroken firestick is easy, and in the section below, we shall highlight a step by step guide on how to set it up.
But before we proceed with this tutorial, it would be prudent that we highlight the pre-requisites first. These are the things that will get your firestick running, and you should keep in mind they are not included on your jailbroken firestick.
- Compatible TV: A compatible TV is the first pre-requisite. At the bare minimum, your TV should be an HDTV with an HDMI port
- Internet connection: A firestick does not have internet connectivity of its own, meaning you’ll need to have a strong Wi-Fi
- Amazon account: Finally, you will need to register your firestick to your Amazon account.
Setting Up a Firestick
- Take your Fire TV Stick and connect it to your TV HDMI port. Then connect the power cable by plugging the other end of the power cord to the power adapter. While at it, it’s essential that your TV is set to the correct HDMI port. Also, we recommend using the Power Adapter rather than using the powered USB ports offered by a few TVs.
- Plug the Fire Stick to any HDMI port on your TV but ensure that you remember the HDMI port number well as you will be required to turn ON the corresponding HDMI input channel on your TV.
- Turn on your TV and open the corresponding HDMI input channel. Doing this will bring a loading screen displaying the TV Stick logo.
Setting Up your Firestick Remote
- Once everything is set, it’s time for setting up your Fire Stick Remote. The remote should automatically pair up with your Firestick, but if it does not, press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds. The press and hold should direct your Firestick to Discovery mode, and the pairing should come easily.
With the pairing completed, press the Play/Pause button to start the set-up process.
- For starters, the Firestick will ask you to choose your preferred language. Hover over the options using the navigational keys, and press Ok to select your language.
Connecting Jailbroken Firestick to Wi-Fi
- Now that you’ve already set up the firestick allow it to scan for the available Wi-Fi networks within your range. Once you see your network, choose it, and enter the correct credentials
Registering Fire TV Stick With an Amazon Account
- The setup process can never be complete without registering your Firestick to your Amazon Account. If you ordered it through Amazon, it would come pre-registered. However, if you ordered it through Smashcable, you will need to follow the on-screen instructions.
- When you’re done with registration, Firestick will ask whether you want to save your Wi-Fi passwords on your Amazon account. If you have multiple accounts, we advise choosing the Yes option for quick connection.
- Also, if you wish to enable Parental Controls, you can click on Enable Parental Control, and by doing so, you’ll be asked to set a PIN.
Hopefully, if you follow the above steps, you should be able to set up your jailbroken firestick in no time.