Marvel Heroes: Gambit Trailer Unleashed
Cajun sensation Remy LeBeau hasn’t had the easiest of times attracting a mass audience lately. A mainstay of the early ’90s X-Men cartoon, this card-throwing kinetic mutant has only appeared in one of 6 (soon to be 7) silver screen adaptations, making his bow in the critically clawed X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Luckily for him then, the developers at Gazillion Entertainment – home to online RPG Marvel Heroes – haven’t quite forgotten about the trench coat-clad Gambit.
Debuting back in June of this year, Marvel Heroes gathers together Earth’s mightiest men and women for an online, free-to-play melee. Featuring 29 super-powered people, each with their own unique strengths, weaknesses and price tags, the game has already attracted a sizable following, tweaking its initial build to create an enjoyable, fan-pleasing favorite.
Gambit enters the multiplayer fray as part of patch 2.02, a minor update featuring plenty of small additions and fixes. Priced at $17.99, or 400 of the game’s collectible ‘Eternity Splinters,’ Remy’s skills include up-close combat, via an extendable staff weapon, and a series of ranged and screen-clearing card attacks. For a rundown of the most notable changes made in 2.02, check out the official list below.
- New Character – Gambit, including Modern and Classic Costumes, Gambit Hero S.T.A.S.H., 3x Fortune Cards (One each of Mark 1, 2, and 3) and 1 Retcon Device
- Scarlet Witch – Enervating Hex: Now deals a small burst of Mental damage in addition to applying the Vulnerability effect.
- Squirrel Girl – New Power: ‘Acorn Meteor!’ (Death from the Trees has been moved to later in the progression table and has been upgraded to allow Squirrel Girl to hold the hotkey to constantly rain tiny, furry, death on your enemies)
- Thor – ‘Aesir’s Boon’ and ‘Godly Valor:’ Now may be mapped to any key, including mouse buttons.
- Spider-Man’s ‘Amazing Smash’ and Black Cat’s ‘Grappling Hook’ artefact now respect the Tenacity system.
- New Item Slot: Pets! – Equip your favorite cosmetic pet or reusable holo vendor here for easy access! These can also be slotted to your action bar.
PVP Ring Upgrades
- Signet of Odin: Added an effect that gives a chance when you use a power to remove invulnerability from all enemies around you.
- Signet of Fandral: Added an effect that gives a chance when you use a power to remove invulnerability from all enemies around you.
- Signet of Frigga: Added new effect that removes invulnerability from an enemy when you are attacked.
- Signet of Sif: Added new effect that removes invulnerability from an enemy when you are attacked.
For the full list of improvements, check out the official forum posting.