New Starship Troopers Game is Coming and First Trailer is Here!
A brand new Starship Troopers game is on the way, and it’s a new RTS that will pit your human army against the alien bugs that franchise fans are familiar and liked. A first look gameplay trailer for Starship Troopers – Terran Command has been released, and the game will be released in 2020. It shows off a short video of alpha gameplay, as the human forces are overwhelmed by Arachnid.
There’s also an announcement trailer for you to watch, which captures the pulpy feel of the game. It comes from the creators of the Order of Battle series and has only been advertised for PC.
The game is based in the universe of the Starship Troopers movies, which started with Paul Verhoeven’s 1997 satirical sci-fi action movie that spawned many sequels. In the game, you’ll battle over different planetary campaigns, and the story and missions you take on will change depends on your choices. Since the Arachnid enemies considerably outnumber you, you’ll need to consider for this in your tactics, and use the numerous various units and abilities at your disposal to fight them.
The game is available to wishlist on Steam for now, where some extra key features are listed:
- Dynamically generated campaigns for virtually limitless replayability.
- Dozens of unique unit types, each with their own special abilities.
- Terrain elevation, True Line of Sight & True Line of Fire provides deep tactical gameplay.
- An extensive technology tree to develop and customize your forces.
- Persistent leaders can be attached to units and upgraded throughout the campaign.
- Heroics, explosions, gore, and Bugs. Lots of Bugs.