Pacific Drive ‘Driving Survival Game’ Trailer Revealed
“Pacific Drive is a run-based, first-person driving survival game,” says developer Ironwood Studios. “Your car is your only companion as you navigate a surreal and anomaly-filled reimagining of the Pacific Northwest.” The trailer shows just how frightening that world is, with driving rain, wailing winds, toxic spore clouds, electrified tumbleweeds, rocky projections blasting through the ground, and a few peeks of what could maybe, possibly, be zombies.
“Structured as a ‘road-like’, each excursion into the wilderness brings unique and strange challenges, as you restore and upgrade your car from an abandoned garage that acts as your home base,” says Ironwood Studios.
I like just about everything I’m hearing. A driving survival game? Check. It takes place in the “Olympic Exclusion Zone” full of bizarre and dangerous anomalies. Check. A car you can cobble upgrades and gadgets onto? Check.
Here’s a feature list from the official website, and all of those bullet points sound pretty darn compelling:
- First-person run based driving survival gameplay
- Form a unique bond with a fully customizable car that develops its own quirks and personality
- Tense driving from behind the wheel, with moments of vulnerability when you step out to gather resources and make repairs
- From your upgradeable garage, each repeatable trip into the Zone is unique and randomized
- Systems-driven gameplay that allows for player freedom, creativity, and experimentation
- Unravel a long-forgotten mystery of the Olympic Exclusion Zone as you explore a surreal and anomaly-filled version of the Pacific Northwest
- Original score by Wilbert Roget, II and featuring 15+ licensed songs
Pacific Drive will be coming out on PC in 2023.