Persona 5 Cheats, Infinite Money, All Test Answers And Alternate Endings
Once you have an Onmoraki (Onion Chicken persona) that is found earlier in the game, level it up to Level 15 to learn Confusion Boost and Pulinpa. Then, fuse Onmoraki with any desired persona. Since you can always farm on the Easy difficulty, it is recommended you select a persona with higher Luck to maximize your gains. If not, select whatever you are comfortable with and make sure to inherit Confusion Boost and Pulinpa. Next, level up the persona through Gallows Fusion, using the highest level Gem persona you are able to summon as Fodder. Following each Gallows Fusion, you must register the persona, delete it (Itemization or Fodder), and re-summon it again since the game does not allow strengthening a single persona more than once. After doing this, gather about three Memento Requests since not all Memento bosses can be confused. Make sure the difficulty is set to Easy, you have an SP regenerating accessory equipped, and only have the protagonist in your party (turns go faster this way). Finally, find and confuse the Memento boss, then keep guarding it until you have to confuse it again. Depending on your “Luck”, the Boss should be throwing money, items, or even nothing at you. If you are doing everything correctly, you should not be taking much damage and can farming while doing other things. Simply press Triangle then X to confuse and Circle then X to guard. This method allows you to earn between 40,000 to 170,000 per enemy turn.
Successfully complete the game to unlock New Game+ mode. This mode allows you to carry over all skill cards, social stats, money, Persona compendium, weapons, armor, and other pieces of equipment to your next playthrough. However, character level, cooperation level, equipped Personas, consumable items (Valentine’s Chocolates remain), and items except for weapons, armor, and other pieces of equipment do not carry over to the next playthrough. Additionally, battling Caroline and Justine, fusing Satanael, and an extra difficulty mode are part of New Game+ mode.
Successfully complete the game and have a Cooperation Level 10 girl to get a Christmas present that can be carried over to New Game+ mode. The Christmas present is a new item that gives a powerful ability.
The Magician and Morgana: The item location is random. The item you get is Morgana’s Scarf, which lets you steal items from the enemies while attacking them with the protagonist.
Priestess and Makoto: The item is located in Aoyama Itchome Station. The item you get is Puchimaru-kun’s Calculator, which lets you see the enemy skills and item drops during Analysis.
Empress and Haru: The item is located in Central Shibuya. The item you get is the Coffee-Dyed Handkerchief, which lets you cultivate vegetables faster.
Emperor and Yusuke: The item is located in Shibuya Station Underground Street. The item you get is The Painting Of Desire And Hope, which lets you make any skill card.
Hierophant and Sojiro: The item is located in Le Blanc. The item you get is the Recipe Note, which lets you make Coffee and Curry.
Lovers and Anne: The item is located in Shibuya Underground Mall. The item you get is the Magazine With Anne On The Cover, which lets you re-enter negotiations after the “Hold Up” fails.
Chariot and Ryuji: The item is located in Central Shibuya Arcade. The item you get is the Sports Watch, which lets you remove negative status ailments from your teammates.
Hermit and Futaba: The item is located in Le Blanc. The item you get is the Promise Note, which lets you unlock Field Support.
Fortune and Chihaya: The item is located in Shinjuku. The item you get is the Tarot Cards Of Fate, which lets you unlock all available fortune telling.
Strength and Caroline and Justine: The item is located in Central Shibuya. The item you get is the Prisoner’s Cell Key, which lets you unlock all available fusion methods.
Hanged Man and Iwai: The item is located in Central Shibuya. The item you get is the Gecko Tile, which lets you access all the gun customizations.
Death and Tae: The item is located in Medical Clinic. The item you get is the Dog Tag, which lets you purchase all available items at the Medical Clinic.
Temperance and Sadayo: The item is located in Outside School. The item you get is the Endless Coupons, which lets you unlock all available special messages.
Devil and Oya: The item is located in Newcomer Bar. The item you get is the Top-Secret Memo, which lets you have your alert level in Palaces at zero.
Tower and Shinya: The item is located in Akihabara Arcade. The item you get is the Gun Controller, which lets you access all available gun techniques.
Star and Hifumi: The item is located in Kanda. The item you get is the Spear Shogi Piece, which lets you run away from the battle at the same time.
Moon and Yuki: The item is located in Akihabara. The item you get is the Report Outline, which lets you access all XP effects from Mishima’s route.
Sun and Toranosuke: The item is located in Shibuya Station Plaza. The item you get is the High-Grade Fountain Pen, which lets you unlock “Hold Up” negotiations.
Judgment and Sae: The item is located in Yongenjaya Alleyway. The item you get is unknown.
Capturing all Personas
Every Shadow that you can capture as a Persona will first ask you a series of questions. You have to answer these questions correctly to capture the Persona. If you answer the questions incorrectly, the enemy can flee or launch more powerful attacks against your team. When you are talking with a Persona, first check what personality type they are. You can view the personality type in the top left of the screen. There are four different personalities that each Persona can possess. Each personality responds to specific types of answers. The different personality types are Upbeat, Timid, Irritable, and Gloomy. There are also four different categories that an answer can belong to. These are Jokes, Serious, Vague, and Kind. Each Persona personality likes one specific type of answer, dislikes two others, and does not care about the final category. Just remember to check the personality type of the Persona you are trying to catch and then match the answers. For example, if you are attempting to catch an Upbeat Persona, respond to its questions with joke type answers. The following personalities like the listed response type: Upbeat likes Jokes, Timid likes Kind, Irritable likes Serious, and Gloomy likes Vague.
Holding extra Personas
To hold additional Personas, you must upgrade the Fool Arcana. The first upgrade is unlocked at Fool Rank 3, which allows you to hold eight instead of six. This is story related and you will get it around the time of the first palace. The other three upgrades are also story related. You get one at Rank 5 and another at Rank 6, increasing it to 10 and then 12. The last upgrade allows you to hold up to 14. You will also get other bonuses like being able to triple fuse Persona or get bonus EXP for making Fool type Persona.
The game does not actually tell you where can you sell items, but it does provide a small hint during the story. During the main story, you will be introduced to the Untouchable Airsoft Shop, which is located on the western edge of Shibuya Station. You can sell items at this store, as well as buy lots of items.
Successfully complete the indicated task(s) to get the corresponding ending:
Bad Ending 1: Simply ignore the deadline for the palace without getting the treasure inside. Skipping this opportunity will set you on the course for the first bad ending.
Bad Ending 2: This ending depends on your choices in your interrogation with Sae Niijima on November 20th. Simply reveal who your fellow Phantom Thieves are to Sae during this scene to get the second bad ending.
Bad Ending 3: The final bad ending involves a decision you make in the final dungeon. During a dialogue exchange, choose the “Is it really the right world?” line to begin the third bad ending.
Good Ending: The good ending involves avoiding all three bad endings. Reach December 24th, speak with Igor in the final dungeon, and choose to not fight him to get the good ending.
True Ending: Get the treasure from the palace by the deadline, never cooperate with Sae Niijima during your interrogation with him on November 20th, do not choose the “Is it really the right world?” dialogue in the final dungeon, and refuse the deal and agree to fight Igor on December 24th. After the fight, you will be on the course to get the true ending.
The following is a list of all test questions and answers:
- Q: A soul is composed of appetite, spirit, and what else?A: Logic.
- Q: Is the line extending from A connected to B or C? Which is it?A: C.
- Q: What event did Emperor Nero add to the Olympics so he could participate?A: Singing.
- Q: What’s the common usage of kakushinhan again, regarding an action you take?A: Knowing your actions are wrong.Q: But the real kakushinhan is the opposite, right? So the opposite means…A: Conviction that you’re right.
- Q: How many colors does it take to paint every region without any two adjacent ones being the same color?A: Four.
- Q: First off, the “wunder” part probably means…A: WonderQ: Next, the “kind” part. That’s probably…A: ChildQ: So a “wunderkind” would be…A: A prodigy.
- Q: What do people generally call a woman who has a charm that sometimes leads men to their doom?A: A femme fatale.
- Q: Who do you think is the origin of the term “magistrate’s patronage”?A: Minamoto no Yoshitsune.
May 11th-May 13th
- Q: Although the line connects A to C it looks like it leads to B instead. What is this phenomenon called?A: An optical illusion.Q: If how they’re seeing things is different, it probably has to do with this sort of information…A: Visual InformationQ: What takes the visual information from your eyes and processes it is the, uh…A: BrainQ: The brain processes visual information. So, the reason why people see things differently is…A: They have different cognitions.Q: Which of the following expressions came from the name of the position that Minamoto no Yoshitsune held?A: Magistrate’s patronage.Q: What is the origin of the English word “talent”?A: The name of a sum of currency.Q: What did the Greek philosopher Socrates say that evil is born from?A: Ignorance.Q: What’s the least number of colors needed to paint Japan so no two adjacent areas are the same color?A: Four.
- Q: Do you know who created the piece which sold for the highest price back in the 20th century?A: Van Gogh.
- Q: What is the name of this ratio that Japanese architects and artists have liked using?A: The silver ratio.
- Q: Well, your number’s up. The root words of synesthesia are “syn” and “aisthesis”. What do they mean?A: “Together” and “senses”.
- Q: What was the name of the other famous novel that Sherlock Holmes appeared in?A: “Arsene Lupin, Gentleman Burglar.”
- Q: Who was the pirate who said that he hid his treasure in a certain place just before he was executed?A: William Kidd.
- Q: The original blazers were named that thanks to a certain quality they had. Any idea what it was?A: They were brightly colored.
- Q: What are red king crabs most biologically related to?A: Hermit crabs.
- Q: With the advent of the color TV, something else started appearing in color. Do you know what it is?A: Dreams.
- Q: Can you imagine how much gold has been excavated by humanity over the course of history?A: Three Olympic-sized pools.
- Q: Paper money is issued by the Bank of Japan, but who issues the coins?A: The government.
- Q: What would happen if you keep washing your hair with water that’s contaminated with metal?A: It’ll change color.
- Q: Who is this woman, drawn as the High Priestess in most tarot decks?A: Pope Joan.
- Q: In English, what does the term “cat-and-dog weather” refer to?A: Heavy Rain.
- Q: This character is the cursive form of a specific kanji. Do you know which one it is?A: Gold.
- Q: …But do you know what Chinese dish Zhuge Liang is credited for inventing?A: Baozi.
- Q: Do you know the reason why July and August both have thirty-one days?A: Someone pretentious said so.
- Q: What’s the traditional food of Tanabata?A: Soumen.
- Q: What’s a common trait of almost all shaved ice syrups on the market?A: They have the same flavor.
- Q: What is the sum of angles a through e?A: 180 degrees.
- Q: What is the name of the light-producing substance in fireflies?A: Luciferin.
- Q: What was the name of the gentleman thief whose family was boiled alive during the Sengoku period?A: Ishikawa Goemon.
- Q: Which of these phrases has its origins in this shogi piece?A: Nouveau riche.Q: Goemon was popular because he wasn’t just a thief, he was a…A: Gentleman thief.Q: And the person in power who had it in for Goemon was…A: Toyotomi Hideyoshi.Q: And, Gomeon’s death after he got captured by Hideyoshi is famous too.A: He was boiled alive.Q: Which of the following statements are true of this organism?A: It’s not related to crabs.Q: What is said to be the reason why people began dreaming in color?A: Television.Q: Which of these was made using the silver ratio?A: B4-size paper.Q: Define “syn” and “aisthesis,” the Greek root words of “synesthesia.”A: “Together” and “senses”.
- Q: In this famous statue, he’s holding a spear in his left hand, but what does he have in his right?A: Nothing.
- Q: What is the name of the phenomenon where the second-hand looks like it stops moving?A: Chronostasis.
- Q: We have a saying in Japanese: a skilled hawk hides its talons. What hides its claws in English?A: A cat.
- Q: The word “robot” didn’t come from English. So, what country did it come from?A: Czechoslovakia.
- Q: Do you know why they chose black and white?A: So it shows up well on TV.
- Q: So “PVS”, referring to when you mistakenly think your phone is going off… What’s the P?A: PhantomQ: The next part is the V part. That means it’d be “phantom…” what?A: Vibration.Q: Last is the S. So if we have “phantom vibration” so far…A: Syndrome.
- Q: Not all civil servants work in government offices. Which of these occupations is a civil one?A: Fishermen of Nagaragawa.
- Q: …but in the entire universe, which of these is closest to its density of stars?A: Three watermelons in the sun.
- Q: This device made mass executions possible. You know what it’s called, yes?A: A guillotine.
- Q: Which do you think most people choose to name “kiki”?A: A.
- Q: What is the origin of the word “guillotine”?A: Name of the one who proposed it.Q: First of all, who proposed the idea of the guillotine?A: A doctor.Q: So, from his perspective, what was the advantage of the guillotine?A: It could execute people quickly.Q: Which of the following statements about this ball is true?A: It has thirty-two faces.Q: What is the meaning of the word “robota”, the Czech word that is the root word of “robot”?A: Slave labor.Q: What is the English name for the phenomenon where it feels like your cell phone is vibrating?A: Phantom Vibration Syndrome.Q: Which of the following government organizations do the cormorant fishermen of Nagaragawa belong to?A: The Imperial Household Agency.
- Q: What number should be in the middle of this square to make it a magic square?A: Five.
- Q: Can you tell me what the S in SOS means?A: It’s meaningless.
- Q: The word “wack” was also used in a coded language from history. What was that language?A: Thieves’ Cant.
- Q: Clubs is a club, diamonds is a gem, spade is a sword… So, what is hearts?A: The Holy Grail.
- Q: Do you know what age you have to be in order to listen in on a trial?A: Zero.
- Q: Do you know what the line that’s in “bird” but not in “crow” represents?A: An eye.
- Q: Do you know why hearing someone’s voice over the phone sound different than their real voice?A: It’s heavily processed.
- Q: When he was executed, something was done to his appearance, Do you know what it was?A: They put makeup on him.
- Q: Which of these is called a cochleoid, after its resemblance to a snail?A: B.
- Q: At which of this location can you see the sunrise the earliest?A: The summit of Mt. Fuji.
- Q: Which of the following is called the Devil’s curve?A: D.Q: I think they said the voice you hear through the phone is…A: Not their real voice.Q: But why does the listener think the synthetic voice is the real person?A: They speak the same.Q: Even if the voice is different, as long as they talk the same, the listener will subconsciously…A: Supplement the voice.Q: Which suit of cards represents the Holy Grail.A: Hearts.Q: Which of the following is not true about the kanji for “crow”?A: It includes a number.Q: Which country refers to a person who controls politics behind the scenes as a “prime minister in black”?A: Japan.Q: What English word did the initial “do” in the Japanese “dokyuu”, or massive, originate from?A: Dreadnought.
Easy “Drink Fanatic” trophy
Buy every kind of drink from the vending machines to get the “Drink Fanatic” trophy. You will get drinks other than the ones from the vending machines, but none of those count towards the trophy. There are lots of vending machines scattered throughout Tokyo and each of them contains different drinks. You do not need to buy all the drinks from each of these vending machines, as you just need to drink each kind of drink from the vending machines –- regardless of where the vending machines are located. The following is a list of all drinks needed to get the trophy:
- 1UPArginadeChunky PotageCreatureDr. Salt NEODurian-au-LaitEarl GreenJoylentMad BullMantaMayo LocustMiso StarfishMuscle DrinkMuscle TeaMystery StewNasteaOdd MorselOh! ShirukoRancid GravySecond MaidStarvicksStrawberry CurryUdagawa SodaUdagawa WaterUltimate AmazakeWater Of Rebirth
The vending machines are located in Yongen-Jaya, Shibuya, Aoyama-Itchome, Shinjuku, and Akhihabara. Some of the vending machines in the game are in underground subway stations, but since there are no exclusive drinks, you do not need to worry about that. Additionally, not all drinks are available from the start of the game. You have to progress through the game to unlock all of them. Thus, it is recommended to buy these drinks later in the game.
Easy “Mask Collector” trophy
It is not possible to get the “Mask Collector” trophy during your first playthrough of the game since one of the personas is exclusive to New Game+ mode. Even though previous dungeons cannot be revisited, all non-fusion exclusive personas can be acquired through Memento negotiations. Furthermore, even if you miss out on some personas, you should be able to fuse down into the persona. It is recommended to try to reach Chariot Confidant Rank 7 to get the “Insta-Kill” ability that allows you to acquire your desired persona without worrying about negotiating. You also do not need any DLC personas for the trophy. The following is a list of personas that can only be fused after maxing out the respective Arcana’s Confidant:
- Fool – VishnuMagician – FutsunushiPriestess – CybeleEmpress – Mother HarlotEmperor – OdinHierophant – KohryuLovers – IshtarChariot – Chi-YouJustice – MetatronHermit – Ongyo-kiFortune – LakshmiStrength – Zaou-GongenHanged Man – AttisDeath – AliceTemperance – ArdhaDevil – BeelzebubTower – MadaStar – LuciferMoon – SandalphonSun – AsuraJudgement – Satan
Easy “My Backyard” trophy
Fill in all locations on the map to get the “My Backyard” trophy. The easiest way to get the trophy is to progress through the game and complete the Confidant events along the way. If you are missing a location, you will see an empty bubble along the train route. To unlock it, simply read the appropriate book. The following is a list of all the required locations and how to unlock them:
- Akasaka Mitsuke – Field TripAkihabara – Tower ConfidantAoyama-Itchome – SchoolAsakusa – Shitamachi RebornChina Town – Chinese SweetsGinza – 7/24Harajuku – VagueIchigaya – Fishpond SpotterIkebukuro – Museum of StarsInokashira Park – Weekend ParksJinbocho – Musty PagesKanda – Star ConfidantMaihama – Theme Park EscortMeiji Shrine – Tokyo ShrinesMiura Beach – Beach TripNagatacho – ShidoOgikubo – Chariot ConfidantRoppongi – OkumuraSeaside Park – Nightlife HotspotsShibuya – CommuteShinjuku – 6/18Suidobashi – Field TripTsukishima – Chariot ConfidantUeno – Emperor ConfidantYongen-Jaya – Home
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Legendary Phantom Thief (Platinum): Earn all trophies.Great Phantom Thieves Convene (Gold): Max out all Confidants.A Perfect Job (Silver): Complete all requests.A Unique Rebel (Silver): Defeat the Reaper.Mask Collector (Silver): Complete the Persona Compendium.Passionate Listener (Silver): Hear 250 of Futaba’s navigation lines.A Phantom Thief’s Duty (Bronze): Obtain a Treasure Demon.A Sublime Experiment (Bronze): Perform an Electric Chair execution.A True Confidant (Bronze): Max out one Confidant.Aggressive Searcher (Bronze): Obtain 150 items from searchable objects in Palaces.Atop Countless Sacrifices (Bronze): Perform a Gallows execution.Beginner Phantom Thieves (Bronze): Complete 5 requests.Bookworm (Bronze): Read all books.Competent Negotiator (Bronze): Successfully rescue a hostage from an enemy’s threat.Countless Masks (Bronze): Obtain 30 Personas through negotiation.Craftworker (Bronze): Create all types of infiltration tools.Drink Fanatic (Bronze): Buy every kind of drink from vending machines.Execution Leading to Rebirth (Bronze): Perform a Guillotine execution.Golden Finger (Bronze): Complete all video games.Guardian of the Pond (Bronze): Catch the Guardian of the fishing pond.I Am Thou (Bronze): Obtain a Persona through negotiation.Mask of an Honor Student (Bronze): Rank first place on your exams.Merciless Executioner (Bronze): Perform 50 Persona fusions.My Backyard (Bronze): Unlock all hang out spots.My Best Partner (Bronze): Enter a special relationship with someone.Nominating the Twins (Bronze): Perform a Group Guillotine execution.Perfect Combination (Bronze): Perform 50 All-out Attacks.Phantom Thieves Formed (Bronze): Form the Phantom Thieves.Power That Connects (Bronze): Perform a Baton Pass 3 times in a single turn.Precise Insight (Bronze): Exploit enemy weaknesses 100 times.Skilled Gunman (Bronze): Defeat 3 or more enemies at once with a single round of bullets.Soul of Rebellion (Bronze): Obtain the Persona Arsene.The City’s Hard Hitter (Bronze): Hit a home run at the batting cages.The Sneaking One (Bronze): Ambush the enemy 50 times.The Ultimate Strike (Bronze): Deal over 999 damage in a single attack.Through One’s Sentence (Bronze): Learn a new Persona skill through Lockdown.True Talent (Bronze): Max out all social stats.Under-the-Table Goods (Bronze): Customize a gun.
Additionally, there are 11 secret trophies:
- A New Journey (Gold): See the ending.Beyond Rehabilitation (Gold): Defeat the twins.One Who Rebels Against a God (Silver): Create Satanael.Bank of Gluttony Goes Bankrupt (Bronze): Complete the Bank Palace.Casino of Jealousy Shut Down (Bronze): Complete the Casino Palace.Castle of Lust Falls (Bronze): Complete the Castle Palace.Cruiser of Pride Sinks (Bronze): Complete the Cruiser Palace.Museum of Vanity Closes (Bronze): Complete the Museum Palace.Pyramid of Wrath Collapses (Bronze): Complete the Pyramid Palace.Spaceport of Greed Destroyed (Bronze): Complete the Spaceport Palace.The True Trickster (Bronze): Complete Mementos.