Post photos from your digital camera on Instagram
Photos that you have taken with a digital camera can also be published on Instagram. A detour via the computer is then required. We are going to explain how you can easily do this.
If you take photos with a digital camera, you cannot just post the pictures on Instagram. Instagram is only available on smartphones, but if you want excellent quality photos, you can use a digital camera. You can find out here how you can get the images of your Nikon, Canon or camera from another brand on Instagram and provide them with a beautiful photo filter.
Post camera photos on Instagram
We offer different methods that mainly depends on the possibilities that your camera offers.
# 1 Put photos on Instagram via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
Does your camera have Wi-Fi or Bluetooth? Then you can often send the pictures to your smartphone and then upload them. It can be challenging to get the connection working, but once successful, it usually works effortlessly. Bluetooth is relatively slow, especially if you want to transfer a lot of photos.
# 2 Post photos on Instagram via online storage
If your camera has an internet connection, you can send the images directly to Adobe Creative Cloud, Dropbox or another online storage service. Make a separate folder or album “Instagram” so that you can easily find which photos you want to use. For example, if you choose Dropbox, the camera will send the pictures to Dropbox. On your smartphone, you must then open the Dropbox app and download the image locally to your gallery. You can then put a filter on the photo and upload it to Instagram.
# 3 Put pictures on Instagram via a memory card reader
You can also choose to read the images from your memory card. Which adapter or memory card reader you need depends on the type of memory card, but many cameras nowadays use microSD. With the USB camera adapter, you can then directly read the memory card on your smartphone and place the photos on Instagram.
# 4 Post photos on Instagram via the desktop
There are several ways to put pictures on Instagram via the desktop. For example, you can first post the images on Facebook and share them from there to Instagram. You can also e-mail the photos to yourself, send with AirDrop or use the method as mentioned above via an online storage service.
These are the possible workflow steps to place a photo on Instagram:
- Take your picture with the camera, keeping in mind that most images on Instagram are still square (1:1).
- Create an Instagram folder on Dropbox or another online storage service.
- Connect the camera to a computer via a USB cable or use a card reader for the desktop.
- Copy the photos to a separate folder or read them in with software such as Adobe Lightroom.
- Edit your photo if you don’t want to do this with the Instagram filters.
- Export your photo in a smaller resolution, for example, 2048 pixels.
- Save the photo in the previously made Instagram folder at Dropbox.
- Wait until synchronization with the cloud service is successful.
- Open the Dropbox app on your iPhone and download the photo.
- Now that the photos are on your iPhone, edit and publish them on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app and tap the plus icon in the lower center.
- Select the desired photo.
- Use a photo filter and add text and hashtags.
- Publish the photo, and soon the first likes and reactions will come in. You can also buy likes on Instagram to increase the popularity of your excellent picture.
This way you can save Instagram photos in high resolution
You can save pictures on Instagram in high resolution so that you can print them later. You can also save pictures in collections that you can organize yourself.
Photos that you post on Instagram are often reduced to a size of 640 x 640 pixels. If you want to do something with those photos later, it is best to save them in a higher resolution. We explain how to automatically save all Instagram photos that you take to the gallery on your iPhone in full resolution. You can also read how you save pictures of other Instagram users in collections.
Save Instagram photos in high resolution
Below we explain how you ensure that Instagram saves high-resolution photos (around 4000 x 3000 pixels) in a particular album and how you can easily find them.
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile page.
- Tap the gear at the top right to view the app settings.
- Now scroll down until you see the Save original photos option. Turn this switch on.
- This ensures that Instagram stores the original Instagram photo in your photo gallery.
Save and find Instagram photos
As soon as the above option is turned on, the saved photos appear in full resolution in a particular album. Search the gallery for the Instagram album, and you’ll find all the photos you’ve published on Instagram there. This album therefore automatically contains all the images you have posted to the app. If you have a recent smartphone, the photos will be available in a resolution of around 4000 x 3000 pixels – large enough to be printed on canvas or on a mug, for example.
- Go to the gallery on the iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Albums at the bottom right.
- Scroll down until you see the Instagram folder.
- Tap it and browse through the photos.
Unfortunately, you cannot save photos from the Instagram app, not even the images that you have taken yourself. But you can automatically save the pictures to a folder in the way mentioned above.