RESIDENT EVIL 2 Remake Details And The Collector’s Edition Details Revealed
Capcom just revealed significant information about the upcoming game, Resident Evil 2 Remake at San Diego Comic-Con. The report came directly from the game’s producer, Yoshiaki Hirabayashi.
Resident Evil 2 Remake was first announced back in 2015 with the popular WE DO IT video by the developers in Japan. After three years, Capcom finally unveiled the Remake at this year’s E3, and fans are happy to learn more.
During the San Diego Comic-Con, Hirabayashi revealed that the remake is not just a remake of the original game. Instead, Capcom will completely redesign the game that will include iconic locations such as the Raccoon City Police Department and the immediate area of Raccoon City.
The developer also talked about the younger look of the game’s protagonist, Leon S. Kennedy. He revealed that the goal for this look is to portray Leon’s fresh-faced rookie-look, who marked his first day on the job during the infamous Raccoon City Incident. On the other hand, Claire Redfield will also feature an updated design that uses the same technology. Capcom had a bit of a discussion regarding her appearance and decided on a presentation that would fit her iconic scene when she entered Raccoon City on a motorcycle. And yes, Claire will be riding a Harley-Davidson to Raccoon City.
Concerning the city itself, Capcom designed the environment with two principles in mind: a sense of wetness, and keeping the environment dark to instill a sense of fear in players. Using the RE Engine featured in Resident Evil 7, Capcom was able to capture a sense of chaos and dread to a city that is ravaged by zombies and monsters.
Lastly, the Capcom panel at San Diego Comic-Con revealed the upcoming Collector’s Edition of the game that will include:
- Full Game
- Special Deluxe Packaging
- Extra DLC Pack Car
- Give Leon and Claire a new look or a blast from the past with unique costumes:
- Leon Costume: “Arklay Sheriff”
- Leon Costume: “Noir”
- Claire Costume: “Military”
- Claire Costume: “Noir”
- Claire Costume: “Elza Walker”
- Ensure the undead stay undead with a special weapon
- Deluxe Weapon: “Samurai Edge – Albert Model”
- And bring on the nostalgia with classic tunes:
- “Original Version” Soundtrack Swap
- Leon S. Kennedy (R.P.D. Version) Figure
- An expertly-crafted 12-inch figure of Leon on his first day in his new RPD police uniform, re-created to mirror his in-game design down to the smallest details. A must-have for any Resident Evil fan or collector!
- “Ben’s File” Art Book
- A 32-page book left behind by Ben Bertolucci, a freelance journalist who makes an appearance in Resident Evil 2. This file contains photos and files documenting events after the Raccoon City tragedy and was filed away as a highly confidential document by the U.S. government. It’s never been seen by the public… until now.
- Digital Soundtrack
- A voucher code for a 25-track album featuring new songs from the remake of Resident Evil 2, as well as a selection of arrangements from the original game.
- “R.P.D.” Renovation Design Poster
- A diagram reminiscent of blueprints, this poster illustrates how the building was renovated and transformed from a museum to a police facility when work was being done on the building in 1969.
The collector’s edition of Resident Evil 2 Remake, which will retail at $199.99 is packed with goodies that fans will surely love. However, as a fan of the series myself, I kinda hoped that the statue included would feature both Leon and Claire since they are both the main characters in the game. Hopefully, another version of the Collector’s Edition will address this.
The plate of Claire’s motorcycle has a significant meaning in the game. Tell us what it means in the comments below.