Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 Edition Finally Revealed
Previously an Xbox One exclusive (and later on PC), Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix have finally announced Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration, which will be available for PlayStation 4 on October 11.
Now in the Tomb Raider game, a new online co-op expansion to “Endurance Mode” lets fans raid tombs in a brutal wilderness together. Two players must team up to survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies by night. Fire takes fuel, food restores health, and every resource must be hunted, collected, or crafted. Battle to the top of the leaderboards, as others try to beat your longest survival run.
“The studio is celebrating with all Tomb Raider fans, thanking them for being on Lara’s 20 year journey with us,” said Scot Amos, co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics. “The team has packed in surprises, new story, and the top requested special features into this 20 Year Celebration edition.”
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration will include the following:
- Award-winning Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Brutal new “Extreme Survivor” difficulty mode (no checkpoints)
- “Blood Ties” & “Lara’s Nightmare” premium DLC
- Co-op support for “Endurance Mode”, challenging players to survive extreme conditions with a friend
- Re-envisioned cold-weather outfit and weapon for Lara inspired by Tomb Raider III
- Classic Lara card pack which will allow fans to play “Expedition Modes” using one of several classic Lara models
- All existing DLC including “Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch” and “Cold Darkness Awakened”, 12 outfits, 7 weapons, 35 Expedition Cards, and more
- Support for PlayStation VR that challenges players to unlock the mysteries of Croft Manor in first person
“This year we celebrate 20 years of the iconic Lara Croft,” said Ron Rosenberg, co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics. “This provided the perfect opportunity for us to deliver a new Tomb Raider experience. With the addition of PlayStation VR support, you can play the world through Lara’s eyes for the first time in franchise history.”
“Blood Ties” is new premium DLC, and will allow players to explore Croft Manor in the main story mode, then defend it against a zombie invasion in “Lara’s Nightmare”. When Lara’s uncle contests ownership of the Manor, Lara must explore the estate to find proof that she is the rightful heir, or lose her birthright and father’s secrets for good. Players can then test their zombie-killing skills in the replayable “Lara’s Nightmare” mode: a haunted Croft Manor where players have new challenges and must rid the Manor of an evil presence.
You can pre-order your own copy by clicking here.