Startup Company THE VOID Trying to Make VR Theme Parks a Reality
THE VOID is a startup company that is trying to make VR Theme Parks a reality. Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, the company is attempting to build virtual worlds over real-world, physical environments; creating an immersive experience that they describe as, “4D environmental FX”.
Although sparse on concrete details, the concept is exciting. Although I’m not sure if today’s virtual reality tech is capable of delivering the type of experiences teased in the video, just the thought is enough to stir the childhood gamer in me.
– Proprietary Rapture HMD (Head Mounted Display)
– Dual High-Density Curved OLED Displays (1080P per-eye beginning resolution)
– Quantum Dots (nearly doubling perceived resolution & color range)
– Custom Optics (our own proprietary lens-in-lens design)
– High-Quality THX Headphones (featuring in-game binaural sound design)
– Super-Gain Inline Microphones (for in-game communications)
– Proprietary Global & Head Tracking Sensors (running at 120HZ providing sub-millimeter accuracy).
What I found most interesting was the idea of real-world objects, environments and sensations like wind blowing in your face or mist falling over your body. These added elements are crucial to creating a one-of-a-kind, arcade experience of the future.
Visit TheVoid.com for the latest news and updates.