The Dead Island: Definitive Collection Announced
The Dead Island: Definitive Collection features “fully remastered and greatly improved versions of both Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide set to deliver the ultimate Dead Island experience ever.”
The rebuilding of both Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide on Techland‘s next gen engine brings with it a significant visual & performance overhaul, introducing many cutting edge current-generation graphical effects:
- Higher Quality Textures – Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board
- Photorealistic new lighting system – The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look, enhancing the stunning tropical setting
- Physically based shading – The introduction of new physically based shading techniques due to the latest iteration of the Chrome Engine means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions
- Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing – The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience Dead Island without unsightly “jaggies“ – meaning a much cleaner look throughout
- Improved-quality game models and geometry assets – All major geometry assets (for example: NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase
- HBAO and motion blur effects – The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds an extra layer of depth and realism to the world. Through a better implementation of object shadows, while the all-new motion blur effects will provide a much more cinematic feel to the game experience.
- Updated game UI – Providing a more consistent look between both Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide. Increase to equal quality level for seamless game experience.
- The Current-gen Console Experience – The Dead Island Redux Collection will also of course take advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op, PS Vita Remote-Play (PS4), Share-Play (PS4), streaming and recording
- Power Fists Power-up – And last but not least, The fan favourite unofficial PC mod will also now be added to both products. Punch your way through the mayhem with craziest power-up ever!
Additionally, a classic side-scrolling/endless runner action game, Dead Island: Retro Revenge is making its debut.
- Retro look meets melee-based combat
- Featuring leaderboards, achievements and plenty of depth
- Game mechanics include power-ups, super attacks and a combo system
The Dead Island: Definitive Collection ($39.99/€39.99/£29.99) is a compilation containing Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and a free game, Dead Island Retro Revenge! The collection is available now for pre-order here.
You can also buy Dead Island Definitive Edition, and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition separately for $19.99/€19.99/£14.99.
The Dead Island: Definitive Collection is scheduled for May 31, 2016 release on Xbox One, PlayStation, and PC.