Tips For Buying a Good Photo Equipment Bag
Did you buy a new camera or a new lens? What else you need to buy? A good camera bag is one last thing that you should buy. This good photo equipment is an ideal place for all your photography gears. But choosing a camera bag is not straight forward. You need to think before you buy it. All your photography gears will be carried in it which need the right storage space. The equipment, such as lens should be taken care well. Thus a good camera bag is essential. Gone are the days when shoulder bags were generic.
Now, the choices are more with bags offering belt packs, shoulder bags, backpacks, roller bags and more. But do you know the right kit for your camera equipment? Now, here are some essential aspects of looking for a beautiful and comfortable storage bag. Check them out and then buy the right one.
Things to consider for a good photo equipment bag
Size of camera bag
The camera bag size depends on the amount of equipment you have, and you need to carry them. You have to decide whether you need to bring all the materials or will take the necessary ones. Not only this, you may need to buy more so think of some additional space in your bag. These will increase the camera kit, and thus you need a big bag that can fit all this stuff. But, don’t forget more the equipment heavier will be the bag. However, for a gripped body or pro-sized kit, few pockets may not be deep enough. But, manufacturers generally give a list along with the bag so that buyers can see whether the packet is suitable for their particular camera kit or not.
Style of camera bag
Choosing a camera bag size can be easy, but the style of camera bag can be challenging. You may get stuck here like others looking for the right fit as a suitable photo equipment carrier. Many choices are available, but a personal choice matters. Some might choose a shoulder bag while others prefer a backpack. What’s important is that one must know how much equipment will be carried in a pocket.
Here is a list of few camera bags’ styles that will make your decision clear. We have also listed the pros and cons of those styles as well.
- Backpacks – Backpack can be a suitable photo equipment carrier as it varies in capacity levels, comfortable, free your hand, and ideal for equipment that is not in use. However, you may not easily find your material. Since it has a high capacity, thus, it makes the bag heavier to carry. Moreover, in summer, you may feel uncomfortable with backpacks.
- Roller bags- Roller bags are suitable for carrying a large volume of equipment. No need to take the heavy bag on your shoulder rolls it. All your gear will get comfortable placing in your pocket. But, it has less mobility and has no safety, so need a safe place to be left when you are not going for a shoot.
- Modular systems- Modular systems are ideal for mobile photographers. They have small pouches that you can fit on your waist using a belt. Carry extra pieces of equipment in modular systems without carrying them on your back. However, they are not suitable for transportation. Moreover, the pouches are small, so not all your stuff is going to get a place in modular systems.
- Sling bags- Sling bags are the combination of both shoulder bags and backpacks. They have a single strap to carry it, making it more comfortable. Access any stuff is accessible without taking off the bag. The small number of things can be stored correctly. However, this limits its capacity making it less capable than other bag styles.
- Shoulder bags- Shoulder bag is still considered as a suitable photo equipment carrier because it is casual, maximum capacity, having excellent storage space, and easily accessible. But, since all the weight is on your one shoulder; thus, it can cause discomfort to you. In case you have larger lenses then shoulder bag is not an ideal choice.
Active or passive bags
Having one style of the bag may not be better for your every work; thus, the concept of the active and passive bag must have been considered. What is an active bag? A bag that you can take all the time and can carry the equipment easily is an active bag. Sling bags, shoulder bags, backpack and modular systems are the best style for an active bag.
However, a passive bag is one that is suitable to carry your equipment to different shooting location easily. Have higher storage for your kit. But, they are not right for those who are on a constant move. What is best is that you carry a combo of both.
Of course, style and space in bag matters but don’t overlook the quality as well. A suitable photo equipment carrier is one with a beautiful removable pad inside. These removable inserts give a customize option to the buyers as well as protection to their equipment. Also, look for quality zippers in the camera bag to prevent the unexpected fall of your machine. Moreover, the fabric should be right so that the bag lasts for long. It should be wear resistant and sturdy.
All these considerations will let you find a good bag for your photography equipment. It was just an introduction for your purchase more research has to do. Decide on the company brand and compare prices.
We have some other suggestions for you.
- Not every camera bag will get fit into every camera bag. Few bags are suitable for holding one or two lenses and a DSLR. So, be sure to check the container and its ability to keep your camera gear.
- Check the product’s dimensions, compartments, and more. Also, check the reviews for the product details given by the manufacturer.
These additional and tips mentioned above will help you buy a good photo equipment bag so that you can enjoy your photography.