Top 2 Methods on How to Uninstall Dropbox on Mac
Nowadays, storing and sharing big files in the cloud is not a problem for Mac users. You can see bunches of applications available to help synchronize the files for free. Among them, Dropbox is the most popular.
As a Mac user, you may have heard about this free cloud storage APP or have used it or not. But Dropbox, like other things, has both advantages and disadvantages.
Out of privacy concerns, many people feel it safer to uninstall the APP and select another one. But do you know how to completely uninstall Dropbox on Mac? Read this passage, it will help you a lot!
What Is Dropbox?
Dropbox is a personal cloud storage service that frequently used for file storing, backup and sharing. The APP has two kinds of services-free and fee-based, including Dropbox Pro and Dropbox for Business. Besides, this application is available for different systems like Windows, Macintosh, Linux and so on.
No matter how useful it is, people always remove it owing to various kinds of reasons. Some are concerned about their memory insufficiency; others are worrying about their security information. Or just want to clean files on Mac. For whatever reason, two major methods are listed in the following to help uninstall Dropbox on your Mac-clear by your own and clear by using the uninstaller.
Now let’s scan the fastest and easiest method first-Using PowerMyMac Uninstaller.
The Fastest and Easiest Way to Remove Dropbox
If you don’t want to follow the unpleasant and tiresome steps, download iMyMac PowerMyMac and launch it. There’s an “Uninstaller” function. All you need to do is to click on the Scan, and it’ll find all the software installed on your Mac. Then, choose the one you want to get rid of. Does it sound simpler? Now let’s take a closer look at how to uninstall Dropbox with PowerMyMac Uninstaller.
Step 1: Select Uninstaller in the Toolkit module
After downloading and launching PowerMyMac on your Mac, the main interface will show you a basic variety of the device’s system status. There are three main modules-Status, Cleaner, and Toolkit. The Uninstaller is in the Toolkit module. Click it and enter.
Step 2: Scan the applications
After entering the Uninstaller, press the Scan button. The circle on the left will show you the progress. When finished, the occupied storage of apps on your Mac will be showed in the Found Files item. If necessary, click the Re-scan button to check again.
Step 3: View the applications
Click the View button and go to the applications’ page. The whole apps that you installed will be listed on the left column.
Step 4: Locate the target applications (Dropbox)
Scan or directly search the target APP on the search bar on the top. Then, click it. Later, the files or folders under the APP will show on the right side.
Step 5: Select the files to clean
It has a Select All button and a Sort By button. Choose what you want to sweep away. All the files or just the ones you want to eliminate.
Step 6: Clean applications
Make sure you the files that you want to remove. Press the Clean button.
Step 7: Clean Completion
There would pop up a confirmation window to reconfirm. Click it and wait for the APP uninstalling.
So simple and convenient, right? Only 7 steps to thoroughly clear up the application and the files related. If you don’t want to uninstall Dropbox manually, let iMyMac PowerMyMac Uninstaller help you to fix it.
How to Uninstall Dropbox from Mac Manually
If you’d like to uninstall Dropbox from Mac by your own, follow the steps below. It will give you a hand.
- Remove the software and folders
- Find Dropbox on the Menu Bar and click on the icon
- Click on the Gear Icon, and then choose Quit Dropbox
- Find Dropbox in your Application Folder and then delete it by either right clicking your Mouse and choosing Move to Trash, or directly drag it to the Trash Bin.
- Locate the Dropbox folder and delete it as well, if needed. Either right-click your Mouse and choose Move to Trash, or just drag it to the Trash Bin.
Note: Make sure that you’ve already backed up the files you want in other places or clouds, for deleting the Dropbox folder will also eliminate the contents that you stored before.
- Delete Dropbox from your sidebar if you want. Just right-click on the Dropbox’s name and select Remove from Sidebar.
- Remove the Dropbox contextual menu
- Open your Finder. Next, click on Go, and then choosing to Go to Folders.
- When their pops up Go to the folder, type in /Library and click Go.
- Delete the DropboxHelperTools file by dragging it to the Trash Bin. This will clear away the Dropbox, the contextual menu from your system (if you have installed).
- Remove the Dropbox Application Settings
- Open your Finder. Next, click on Go, and then Go to Folders.
- In the pop-up window, type in ~/.dropbox and click Go.
- Select all the contents of the /.dropbox folder and drag them to the Trash Bin. This step will clean down your application settings for Dropbox.
- Remove Dropbox from Your Finder Toolbar
- Open your Finder. Next, click on View and then choose Customize Toolbar.
- Find the Dropbox icon in the current Toolbar set.
- Click the Dropbox icon and hold it. Next, drag it down into the customization area and release it. When it disappears, click done.
See, after a series of steps, we’ve successfully uninstalled Dropbox from our Mac. But in this process, you should be patient and careful, or you will mindlessly remove the contents that you need.
Note: If you don’t like these tedious steps or are afraid of mistakenly deleting important files, we strongly recommend you to download iMyMac PowerMyMac.
Let’s Move It!
Don’t worry about there would be any residual file, the PowerMyMac Uninstaller will help you totally eliminate within a few steps. If you want to uninstall any unnecessary applications or files on your Mac in a thorough and quick way, download iMyMac PowerMyMac Uninstaller!