Unlock All Civilization 6 PC Codes & Cheats List
Check out all the Civilization 6 codes and cheats. All Civilization VI codes work for the PC & Mac variants of this excellent turn-based strategy 4X game.
Check out the cheat codes below.
How to reveal the entire map:
Go to your computer username’s My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier’s Civilization VI\ folder and edit the config.ini file to change “DebugPanel = 0” to “DebugPanel = 1”.
Then hit the ~ (that symbol is a tilde) key while in-game to bring up the command console and choose Reveal All.
In Civilization VI, the map is hidden in the “fog of war” until you explore the whole map, The fog of war is represented by the blank parchment that hides much of the world when you start the game. As you move units around, the fog of war will be removed, revealing more of the world. Once you have revealed the fog of war from a tile, it will not come back, just like most of the games.
Civilization 6 Codes List for PC & Mac Gameplay
Civilization VI is played with the best combination of keyboard and mouse.
Here are the many useful keyboard “shortcut” keys in Civilization VI.
The mouse is used in two ways:
• LEFT-CLICK: open menus and accept menu choices, “activate” units, and etc.
• RIGHT-CLICK: designate the map location when ordering an active unit to move.
Here are some of the most important shortcut keys. The In-Game Action is followed by the Hotkey to press.
• Next Action — Press RETURN
• Toggle — Press Grid G
• Appeal — Press 3
• Continent — Press 2
• Government — Press 5
• Political — Press 6
• Religion — Press 1
• Settler — Press 4
• Pause — Press P
• Attack — Press A
• Automate Exploration — Press E
• Delete Unit — Press DELETE
• Fortify — Press F
• Found City — Press B
• Move To — Press M
• Ranged Attack — Press R
• Skip Turn — Press SPACE BAR
• Sleep — Press Z
• Open the Civilopedia — Press F9
• Toggle City-State Screen — Press F2
• Toggle Civics Tree — Press C
• Toggle Espionage Screen — Press F3
• Toggle Government Screen — Press F7
• Toggle Great People Screen — Press O
• Toggle Great Works Screen — Press W
• Toggle Rankings Screen — Press F1
• Toggle Religion Screen — Press L
• Toggle Tech Tree — Press T
• Toggle Trade Routes Screen — Press F4
• You can bring up the Steam Overlay when in-game by pressing Shift + Tab.
• After you’ve enjoyed the game’s opening animation sequence once or enough times, you can press SPACE BAR to skip it.
• To save a game, press on the ESC key or click on the “Game Menu” button on the upper-right of the main game screen, and then click on “Save Game” to create a new save game file.
• One other save/load option is available to you: “Quick Save,” which is especially useful when you’re in a hurry. Press F5 to “Quick Save” your game. The game is then saved without requiring any further input from you. Only one game can be quick-saved at a time: any future quicksaves will overwrite the current one.
• Press F6 to load the current quick-saved game.
• The Tech Tree can be reached from the Choose Research menu or by pressing the T hotkey. It displays all obtainable technologies and how they each intertwine.
• The Civics Tree can be reached from the Choose Civic menu or by pressing the C hotkey. It displays all obtainable Civics and how they intertwine.
• The Civilopedia is an in-game knowledge resource for Civilization VI. You can reach it by pressing the “?” icon while in-game.
• Keyboard key bindings can be set in the Game Options menu, a primary binding, and an alternative binding.
• Steam Controller configuration happens inside the Steam client and not in the Game Options menu.