Windows 11 And How To Get It
You can upgrade to Windows 11 for free if you’re already own a Windows 10, and you can test out an early version now. Use the PC Health Check app to see if your PC will be able to run the new operating system.
is coming out soon, and if you’re already , it will be free to upgrade to Microsoft’s redesigned operating system. So as long as your PC meets the minimum requirements, you’ll be able to upgrade it to Windows 11 the same way you usually update Windows 10 — once it will come out in the and into 2022.
If you’re a member of the Windows Insider Program and just can’t wait until the final version, you can download the first Windows 11 Insider Preview build and check out some of the, like , and the .
First check if your current Windows 10 PC is suitable for the free upgrade to Windows 11,. And if you , that computer will also be qualified for the upgrade.
How to download the Windows 11 Insider Preview build
If you’re a member of the Windows Insider Program (you can sign up now for free), you can download the first Insider Preview build of Windows 11 now. However, it’s important to note that beta versions, particularly early ones like this, tend to be buggy. You should never download the beta on your device, only on a tester PC if you have one. It’s best for most people to wait for the public beta to come out in July, or better yet, the general release later in the year. This first build also does not come with every new feature that will finally arrive with the final release.
1. Make sure you have a licensed version of Windows 10 on your PC, and that you’re an administrator on the device. Register to join the Windows Insider Program if you haven’t already. Or sign in to your Windows Insider account. Click Start flighting.
2. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program. Click Get Started.
3. Under Pick an account to get started, select + to connect the Microsoft account you registered with and continue.
4. Follow the instructions to choose the experience and channel you want to get Insider Preview builds through: the Dev channel (for developers), the beta channel, or the release preview channel (for those who want to get the latest version just before it’s generally released). Note that this build is coming to the Dev channel.
5. Review the Privacy Statement and terms, and click confirm. Click Restart Now.
6. After restarting, make sure your data settings are correct so you can download preview builds. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback, and make sure the Optional Diagnostic Data switch is flipped to On.
7. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. Click the Check for updates button. You should see the latest Insider Preview build based on the settings you selected.