Yakuza: Kiwami Introduction Trailer
Sega released a new trailer for their open world action-adventure, Yakuza: Kiwami dubbed “Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima”.
The five-minute trailer narrated by Kiryu and Majima – introduces us to the new “Anywhere Majima” system that allows Kazuma Kiryu fight Majima Goro anywhere and everywhere, Kiryu’s new battle styles, and new mini-games like “Insect Queen Female King.”
Yakuza Kiwami, is a remake of the original Yakuza with additional scenarios, for PS4 and PS3, and Yakuza 6, the latest entry in the series exclusively for PlayStation 4.
- The game will feature a significant number of additional scenes, especially regarding the reason behind Akira Nishikiyama’s major change.
- Kazuhiro Nakatani, the voice actor behind Akira Nishikiyama, commented on the script regarding Nishikiyama’s change: “It was so rough, I didn’t want to see the script for a while.”
- Yakuza: Kiwami is revenge for the unbearable regret offered by the original Yakuza. Although the music was most regrettable, this time Koshi Inaba of rock duo B’z is providing music.
- Playing Yakuza: Kiwami after Yakuza 0 will move you to tears.
- The concept of development is to leverage the Yakuza taste while upping the quality and making something new.
- Yakuza Studio is cramming all of its know-how gained from previous works into this game.
- Events will be easier to understand.
- Allof the battle styles that you learn in Yakuza 0 can be used in Yakuza: Kiwami, but given that you were weakened after serving time in prison, you’ll need to make efforts to recover your strength.
- A new “Majima System” will allow Kiryu to grow by fighting Majima Goro anywhere and everywhere. Majima will sometimes appear dressed as a police officer, or even as a host girl.
- There’s a new mini-game called “Insect Queen Female King.”
Yakuza: Kiwami will launch for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 on January 21, 2016 in Japan for 6,490 yen.
The game will include a limited demo download code for Yakuza 6, which will only be compatible with PlayStation 4.